Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yep, best thing I every did for helping me "feel" better and have the energy to get out and do work around my place, the deer lease, wade fish longer, oh and yea, that too... No up/down cycles, I'm good for 5 months... The implants last about 5 1/2 months so I go in at 5 months and it's an even cycle with little to no noticeable energy cycles...

If you don't mind me asking, or want to PM instead....do you know your dosage/number of pellets and what your levels run?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
      Got tested about a month ago, I was sitting at 110.... yes stupid low although I did some playing around with test back in the day so I knew mine was low but geez 110 is bad. Problem doc has is my wife and I still want one more kid and he’ll only prescribe clomid or test. So he’s got me on 50 mg of clomid 5 days a week for now. May have to go some place else, I’ve heard you can take test with hcg and not do too much damage to your swimmers. Anyways process has been at least started. Any advice is well received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on Test + HCG and my wife and I had a second baby. My swimmer were less than 40% type A and B (or whatever the measure is). It’s possible but it is more challenging.

Clomid is straight up poison and I hate that stuff. Also has some really bad side effects on your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
        I was on Test + HCG and my wife and I had a second baby. My swimmer were less than 40% type A and B (or whatever the measure is). It’s possible but it is more challenging.

Clomid is straight up poison and I hate that stuff. Also has some really bad side effects on your eyes.

Do you think I should just swap to hcg by itself and get off clomid? I guess I didn’t know that clomid had that bad of side effects.

Comment

Testosterone Therapy

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
          Do you think I should just swap to hcg by itself and get off clomid? I guess I didn’t know that clomid had that bad of side effects.

It’s different for everyone. I had really bad side effects with Clomid. HCG alone can work for some if your body can produce enough testosterone to sustain you until your wife gets pregnant. I didn’t get high enough levels with HCG alone to get rid of the symptoms of Low T so I had to add TEST. I got tired of the two medications and went with just T twice a week.

Comment

How do you get your actual count? I had my blood drawn and results said 5.9L
            It gave the average, and I was below the average. So is 5.9 equal to 590?

Comment

I got my test result back at 220. The PCP doc wants to try an increase in exercise.
              He also says that if you start taking it that your body might stop producing its own. Is that correct?

after reading this thread I may go back and see a uroligist or something.

Comment

I was about 290 and had the pellets put in last month and absolutely no noticeable changes for me....blood test in 3 weeks so we will see where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                  I got my test result back at 220. The PCP doc wants to try an increase in exercise.
                  He also says that if you start taking it that your body might stop producing its own. Is that correct?

That is what my urologist told me, as well as all the research online said when I looked. Weight training is the type of exercise that MAY increase low T. Slogging away on a treadmill won't do a **** thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post

I have been on it for several years. my thoughts on this is that if your levels are that low then your body has already stopped making it, granted im no dr

Comment

Originally posted by wfenner View Post
                      I have been on it for several years. my thoughts on this is that if your levels are that low then your body has already stopped making it, granted im no dr
                      100% correct.

Guys, you need to have your test levels around 800-1200 ng/dL. If you are over 30yrs old, your body is most likely not producing these levels. For a man, a level of 200 might as well be zero. So don’t worry about your body not producing it’s own anymore because it’s already not doing the job.

Also, the weight lifting thing. A male under 40 might raise his levels 30-90 points by frequently lifting, but you will not see any significant difference. And did you really raise your levels or is that just the variance in the lab work from one blood draw to the next?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        100% correct.

Guys, you need to have your test levels around 800-1200 ng/dL. If you are over 30yrs old, your body is most likely not producing these levels. For a man, a level of 200 might as well be zero. So don’t worry about your body not producing it’s own anymore because it’s already not doing the job.

Also, the weight lifting thing. A male under 40 might raise his levels 30-90 points by frequently lifting, but you will not see any significant difference. And did you really raise your levels or is that just the variance in the lab work from one blood draw to the next?

Exactly. And don’t go get tested early in the morning when your testosterone is at its highest. AKA morning wood. Go to the latest appointment you can when your azz is dragging. That’s when you need test the most. If you get you numbers up where they should be you’ll notice it. You will have no doubt if it’s working. You’ll actually want to do stuff after work instead of dead tired on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How long does it take to kick in when you get an injection every two weeks? I got my first injection today.

My numbers are pretty high. If I threw my number out there some of you guys would throw rocks at me. I told my primary care guy I wanted to be at the top of the spectrum and I pretty much talked him into giving it to me. So I am starting out pretty high and trying to get to the tops of the ceiling.

Comment

Hormones need to be in balance. Watch your estradiol levels as you don't want them high. I am on a 2 week cycle. Considering every week shot instead to have a shorter cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                              How long does it take to kick in when you get an injection every two weeks? I got my first injection today.

My numbers are pretty high. If I threw my number out there some of you guys would throw rocks at me. I told my primary care guy I wanted to be at the top of the spectrum and I pretty much talked him into giving it to me. So I am starting out pretty high and trying to get to the tops of the ceiling.
                              Should kick in pretty quickly. Peak reading will be a week after the injection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sdfrench View Post
                                Hormones need to be in balance. Watch your estradiol levels as you don't want them high. I am on a 2 week cycle. Considering every week shot instead to have a shorter cycle.
                                Don't know what the heck an estradiol is. I guess I need to ask my doc. I have to go do bloodwork every 6 weeks because of how high I was when I started. I got one of these looks from him when I told him what I was wanting to do and why.

Comment

Working...
                                X