No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For whatever reason I still cant post pics on this site???

Here is the tale of the tape
    207 3/8"
    Both main beams 26"+
    Both G2's over 14"
    Mass 40 4/8

Perhaps the most exciting deer hunt I have ever had. Big fun in Pineville

Comment

Incredible deer. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Come on with the video. I can only dream of seeing that walking in a hardwoods bottom.

Comment

Beautiful buck Rusty! I can’t wait to see the video! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
              Another picture from El Gato
              Congrats on the deer! What did he end up weighing??

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                Congrats on the deer! What did he end up weighing??
                Interesting thing about the weight. He only weighed 195 lbs. Here is my theory. I know he is at least 7 but he may be much older. I only started noticing him last year when he looked fully mature and I thought he might be 6. But as most of you know positively aging a buck at 6 without knowing him is a crap shoot at best. So I may have been off...perhaps a lot.

So what I have seen over the years is that a lot of really old bucks ...8+ look big but don't weigh much. My theory is that they have big body frame with lots of loose skin to look big but they have started loosing much muscle mass so the weight doesn't match the appearance. Which makes me very curious how old this deer actually is.

that is my best explanation for his weight. I was startled. Will send a tooth off for best shot at age.

Comment

Awesome deer for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Interesting thing about the weight. He only weighed 195 lbs. Here is my theory. I know he is at least 7 but he may be much older. I only started noticing him last year when he looked fully mature and I thought he might be 6. But as most of you know positively aging a buck at 6 without knowing him is a crap shoot at best. So I may have been off...perhaps a lot.

So what I have seen over the years is that a lot of really old bucks ...8+ look big but don't weigh much. My theory is that they have big body frame with lots of loose skin to look big but they have started loosing much muscle mass so the weight doesn't match the appearance. Which makes me very curious how old this deer actually is.

that is my best explanation for his weight. I was startled. Will send a tooth off for best shot at age.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I agree on the weight hypothesis. I have thought/seen the same thing with a few older bucks recently... they don't really ever seem to weigh as much as you thought.

Comment

I want to see a pic of your trophy room Elgato. Its got to be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Congratulations Rusty. That is a fantastic buck and he has it all. I think 208" has a good ring to it. Congrats again!
                          Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          For whatever reason I still cant post pics on this site???

Here is the tale of the tape
                          207 3/8"
                          Both main beams 26"+
                          Both G2's over 14"
                          Mass 40 4/8

Perhaps the most exciting deer hunt I have ever had. Big fun in Pineville

That is about as close to guessing on a buck of that size that I ever will get! Unbelievable deer and those 14" tines are out of this world!

Comment

I honestly would've guessed that deer weighed 250+ on the hoof. That's what had me guessing he scored 225" haha

Comment

Here's the video. Keep in mind I'm not a professional;. No camera man, no endorsements, no dazzle dazzle. Just an old redneck in the woods with a camera

Comment

Straight stud!

Congrats on the continued success

Comment

Working...
                                X