No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to meet y’all as well. I had a lot of fun first time out to Amistad . No luck on the recovery, i looked for another 2 hours after I packed up this morning.

Comment

Man that's a shame that was a big dude, but more motivation for next time.

Wife got a small buck, her first deer with a bow. She stuck a big doe in the shoulder blade a couple years ago and didn't penetrate and she's been chomping at the bit ever since.

Comment

Thatsvsesome congrats. My wife and I are headed down after thanksgiving.

Comment

Any reports? Thanksgiving crowds leave any deer behind or they chase them into the next county? lol...

Thinking about going down later this week not sure yet.

Comment

I'm in for reports

Comment

Has the rut around the lake passed?

Comment

Yep definitely passed [emoji23][emoji23] jk .! Not to sure ain’t gone out since before thanksgiving.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same but looking to be there this weekend. From what I remember it's heavy during Thanksgiving week. Couple years ago that dude who told me they wounded 5 bucks was leaving after Thanksgiving week while I was rolling in.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Any reports? Thanksgiving crowds leave any deer behind or they chase them into the next county? lol...

Thinking about going down later this week not sure yet.
                    There were 14 vehicles in area 2 Friday after Thanksgiving...

Comment

Oh hell **** me in both ears lol that is flat out insane.

Comment

Anyone been out lately? in for updates

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
                          Anyone been out lately? in for updates
                          Went last weekend for a few days, lots of deer but no shots. Wife shot at a monster at 15 yards and he flinched, clean miss. I ran a few deer out walking in that's about it. I have an employment gap Dec 17th through Jan 7th so should be putting in some time down there. Think I might finally explore the idea of putting up a tripod in a couple key areas I like but I don't like the idea of being glued to those areas or having to go back in to get it if I end up wanting to hunt elsewhere. I tend to move around different areas a LOT.

Comment

I'm heading out the first weekend in Jan. with my son and a buddy hoping to get into some sheep. Has anyone have updates from area 5? Has anyone seen any of the exotics in other units? And i noticed this year they added axis deer I didn't know there was any out there.

Comment

Somebody saw a herd of Axis somewhere but wouldn't bank on that, kinda like the Blackbuck thing. I heard of a really nice mouflon ram hit but not recovered, in 5 of course. I've hunted 4 a few times this year normally I'll see Aoudad out there years past but haven't seen squat this year and seems like the sheep and goats are gone too, wonder if there's a correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                                I'm heading out the first weekend in Jan. with my son and a buddy hoping to get into some sheep. Has anyone have updates from area 5? Has anyone seen any of the exotics in other units? And i noticed this year they added axis deer I didn't know there was any out there.
                                Sheep are not in five right now... Not in big numbers any way... They generally come back to the area in early January with very young kids in tow... In the past mid January seems to be a better time for them to be back as pressure has generally died down...

Comment

Working...
                                X