This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    No one really runs a 4-3 anymore, or a 3-4. It's all hybridized versions, and all the nickel and dime required these days.
    This is 100% true. Talking up the 4-3 vs. the 3-4 is generally irrelevant. What Ash and Pelini have to show is a willingness to adapt to playing a bunch of high level spread offenses that are on both of their schedules in conference and during the playoffs if they should be so lucky. Both teams have the players to play either scheme, and will likely show both 3 and 4 man fronts.

The general base defense of all the Hayden Fry school of coaches, the 4-3 under, does not perform well against the spread, but I doubt that either will be in a base seven man front against spread teams. The question will be what do their nickel and dime packages look like?

Neither has really proven themselves against a full schedule of modern spread teams, but there aren't really any DC's in college football that have.

Pelini has a true stud stopper in Stingley, that will make all of his defensive decisions easier. Texas doesn't have that, but they have more experience in the back end where there won't be a starter that is an underclassmen.

If teams go no hudl, packages are irrelevant as substituting for down and distance is kept at a minimum. They have to be able to run nickel or dime as their base and stop the run and pass from both. That **** is hard.
    Last edited by El General; 01-28-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Just don't blitz DBs from 12 yards off the LOS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Just don't blitz DBs from 12 yards off the LOS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Amen.

Comment

3 in the top 20!! Yessir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

3 in the top 20!! Yessir

May end up with 4.

Comment

We all know the NCAA is a joke, but there is some rumor mill smoke swirling above Bama? Good ol offseason.
              Last edited by Chad C; 01-28-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

3 in the top 20!! Yessir

Ha, I noticed they yanked a star from Evans and reclassified Bijan as the No. 1 running back in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  May end up with 4.

Yup i don’t wanna jinx it! That would be a monster sign

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Ha, I noticed they yanked a star from Evans and reclassified Bijan as the No. 1 running back in the nation.

I didn’t see that but GOOD!

Comment

We all know the NCAA is a joke, but there is some rumor mill smoke swirling above Bama? Good ol offseason.

[emoji849] here come some self imposed “penalties”

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        May end up with 4.
                        Who is the fourth? I think there is only one unsigned player in that group and he didn't visit LSU.

Comment

Aggies return quite a bit next season (with a nicely setup schedule as well).
                          After LSU's mass exodus, Alabama losing so much production to the draft (again), and Auburn losing quite a bit on defense.... if The Aggies cannot win the West next season, I am not sure it'll ever happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                            Aggies return quite a bit next season (with a nicely setup schedule as well).
                            After LSU's mass exodus, Alabama losing so much production to the draft (again), and Auburn losing quite a bit on defense.... if The Aggies cannot win the West next season, I am not sure it'll ever happen?
                            They aren't winning the West with Mond at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Who is the fourth? I think there is only one unsigned player in that group and he didn't visit LSU.
                              Burch didn't sign with SC, expected to sign with LSU.

Comment

Burch didn't sign with SC, expected to sign with LSU.
                                Forgot about that one. Kid is a stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X