No announcement yet.

What's your favorite meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice redfish fillet blackened and laid over dirty rice ladled with crawfish etouffee.

Gary

Comment

Shore lunch with fresh walleye when we were fishing in Canada. Can’t wait to do it again this summer.

Comment

Stop in Elgin tx to have sausage with my dad it was the last time we ever ate together before he pass. We use to go through there all the time when I was a kid. He told me about once about his family drove mule and wagon from Austin to Elgin so his dad could visit his brother. A flood came and they were stuck in Elgin for a month before they could get back across creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thread! Probably Perry's steakhouse in Frisco with my wife 2 years ago. Wasn't so much the food, although it was very good, cote de boeuf, lobster mac and cheese, mushrooms etc...

We had recently bought our first house and my BIL & SIL unbeknownst to us had found out we were celebrating at Perry's. We got cocktails to start, then got a bottle of wine for our dinner. The waiter comes out with a bottle of Champagne and ANOTHER bottle of wine and says is surprise from my BIlL/SIL. He says ok to open and we say yes, intending to just have the champ. Well this guy opens BOTH BOTTLES.

So we end up having cocktails, 2 bottles of wine, and a bottle of bubbly and of course desert. We got there at 6:30-7 and were the last table out and they were cleaning up when we left. The waiter was really funny and added a lot to the experience. We had a good time being big wigs for the night. Had to grab a cab... We also later back tracked it and found out that was the night that resulted in our first child lol!

Comment

My best friend in High School won the Saddle Bronc @ Cowtown Coliseum.His first ride with his PRCA card.(Beat Monty Henson,hard to do back then)His Dad's girlfriend took us all to the Keg downtown,and told us to order whatever we wanted,and was adamant about it!
            It was awesome.The conversation,the food,excitement,etc..Turns out it was her ex-husband's credit card,lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
              My favorite meal would probably be the meal we have yearly on Christmas Eve. It’s Menudo, different kinds of tamales, rice, beans, cabbage with tomato and lemon. Sometimes we throw in some beef ribs and all different kinds of desserts.
              Count me in ,sound Wonderful......

I LOVE GUT Soup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                Count me in ,sound Wonderful......

I LOVE GUT Soup!!!

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never forgotten a meal we had at the lease in Llano around 1995 or so, I was still in high school. Beef, chicken, venison and pork fajitas on fried soft corn tortillas cooked in an old school homemade disc cooker. We had salad with homemade ranch on the side and Busch Light in the Dixie cups. We would dip the corn tortillas in the grease and line them around the top edge of of the disc.

There were 3 of us boys and 2 dad's there that weekend and we didn't kill a deer but spotlighted enough Jack rabbits to feed a small army and burned through about 10g of gas on the 4 wheelers.
                  Last edited by jshouse; 01-18-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I have so many..., but one of my favorite memories and meals was helping my granddaddy clean catfish we'd caught the night before. We then would go to the local fish market and get some buffalo ribs caught out of our local bayou in hoop nets. He had a 2 burner propane set up, some old black iron pots, and hot grease. While grandma and my momma was making potato salad and sides, me and granddaddy would fry fish. Man, I can still hear the grease popping and smell that fresh fish. He'd tell me old stories and we would laugh while "Sampling" fish and homemade hushpuppies as we cooked. He would say, "See there son, you can tell when the fish is done when they try and Swim again (float).

Comment

December 1968. I just finished my tour in Thailand. I landed in Greensboro NC at about
                      4:00am. My cousin picked me up at the airport and drove me home to Liberty. My mom and dad (both passed now) did not know I was coming. We knocked on the door about 5:00 and my mom answered the door. She fixed us a good Carolina breakfast, bacon, sausage, eggs, white gravy and homemade biscuits.

Comment

Favorite food: Liver and onions.
                        Favorite meal is christmas dinner with family.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Hoggslayer; 01-18-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Man, that's a hard one. The last meal we had in Israel was special. My Parents 60th Anniversary meal was special.
                          Anytime I go on a date with my wife, just her and I, that's always special.

Comment

If we're doing sentimental meals I'll have to go with my grandmother's stew that she fixed everyone as a Christmas present in the 5-10 years before she passed. She had a small house that my pawpaw built himself and it would be packed with family. Some outside around a fire and the elders inside playing dominoes or chewing the cud. I miss those times dearly as most of those people have moved on weather to heaven or different stages of life. I have those dominoes in my safe and they're priceless. Occasionally my wife and son will play a game with them.

If we're talking about my absolute favorite meal it is parilla fajitas at El sombrero in Longview tx surrounded by my wife and son with a cold dressed did Equis in hand.

Comment

Argentina grass fed beef tenderloin served light-med rare with King Crab Legs. Best ever. That beef is impossible to get now.

Comment

Moms smothered steak

Comment

Working...
                                X