Late for fishing. AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Sadly, young men don't appreciate fishing time with Dad until they can't do it anymore. I'd give anything to get to fish with my Dad again. Last time was about 20 years ago, and he's been gone for 15 now.

No they don't...and some friends don't either. When I was his age, I'd be up before my Dad or driving down from college to meet him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      No they don't...and some friends don't either. When I was his age, I'd be up before my Dad or driving down from college to meet him.
      A friend doing it wouldn't tick me off as much. I would just make a new friend. I'm too old to make another boy.

Comment

Have him post up her pic later.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
          Have him post up her pic later.

Yep! Let us judge whether it she was worth it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe explain to him its not the fishing but the time with him you was lookin forward to. Sometimes ya gotta get their attention. Wish my dad and wife's grand dad was still around to make some more memories with.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
              Maybe explain to him its not the fishing but the time with him you was lookin forward to. Sometimes ya gotta get their attention. Wish my dad and wife's grand dad was still around to make some more memories with.
              I have. He just doesn't get it I guess.

Comment

Poontang

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I have. He just doesn't get it I guess.
                  Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Poontang
                  That he probably gets, but that's still not a good excuse for missing fishing.
                  Last edited by Hoggslayer; 10-17-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I think yo have tried your darnedest Jay, to raise a fine young man. And you have. Every young man experiences a time when he's gotta learn about life. And the what happens when certain choices are made. I know you were looking forward to the time with him. I went through the same with my daughter. But had to realize she was growing up. Yes, it's a let down. And your right, they will come back around.

I'd just let him know you really missed him being there, in a fatherly way. And he should have called or text ya if he knew he was gonna be late or not go.

All we can do is Love them. And let them know we love them once they get to a certain age.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I think yo have tried your darnedest Jay, to raise a fine young man. And you have. Every young man experiences a time when he's gotta learn about life. And the what happens when certain choices are made. I know you were looking forward to the time with him. I went through the same with my daughter. But had to realize she was growing up. Yes, it's a let down. And your right, they will come back around.

I'd just let him know you really missed him being there, in a fatherly way. And he should have called or text ya if he knew he was gonna be late or not go.

All we can do is Love them. And let them know we love them once they get to a certain age.
                      I'm going to start requiring a deposit. LOL

His pocket might be easier to get to than his head or his heart strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Solid!

I went trough a spell where there were other things more important than Dads time but it didn’t last but a cpl years.

Comment

Glad he’s okay!

Comment

Being irresponsible is no way to go thru life

Comment

My pretty wife,and I were supposed to launch about 8:30 this morning..We un-loaded the boat around 10:30..I ain't mad at her[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                My pretty wife,and I were supposed to launch about 8:30 this morning..We un-loaded the boat around 10:30..I ain't mad at her[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

My life story about fishing and hunting with a wife and four daughters. They don’t respect the time that me, the deer and the fish wake up![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X