Finance department at a Dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finance department at a Dealership?

Anyone on TBH work in the finance department at a car/truck dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont but I know a guy who does. His best month ever was in aug this year. Lets just say he does well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
      I dont but I know a guy who does. His best month ever was in aug this year. Lets just say he does well.

I’m looking into buying a new truck and have questions. He isn’t on TBH?

Comment

Youll do good money wise, you'll also work alot, don't expect to many Saturdays off and expect alot of late nights, youll be expected to push extended warranties and service programs

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          I’m looking into buying a new truck and have questions. He isn’t on TBH?

Nope. And I thought you were curious about the job! Sorry I'm not help.

Comment

Unless you have an extremely specific question I’m sure plenty of us here can make up some answers for you.

Go to your bank and get a pre-approval letter/rate. The dealer will 95% of the time beat it. Don’t waste your money on extended warranties or service plans.

Otherwise you are just going to sign 50 papers and call it a day...

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
              Unless you have an extremely specific question I’m sure plenty of us here can make up some answers for you.

Go to your bank and get a pre-approval letter/rate. The dealer will 95% of the time beat it. Don’t waste your money on extended warranties or service plans.

^^^^This spot on^^

Comment

That's a bit backwards from what I have been taught. The banks do the financing for the dealer ships and the dealerships add some percentage points to what the bank will do the financing for. The dealers will seemingly drop the price of the vehicle low, but they are adding it back on in the financing.

The only time I got a good deal, from a dealership. Was when I went and talked to the family banker first, then went to the dealership and did not let them know I had financing lined up. The dealer came up with a nice low price, thinking the financing was going through them, I did not tell them otherwise, I did not tell them anything on the financing. I let them believe I was the typical clueless customer. Got them to agree to a low price, then went to the bank with that number, the bank called the dealer for the VIN and other info, to wire them the money. The dealer, then tried to back out of the deal. They tried all types of ways to get out of the deal. The bank got all the info they needed and wired them the money. First time I have ever walked in a dealer and not had sales people running to greet me. They would not come out and talk to me. They had a secretary bring me my keys, when I walked back in the dealer to pick up my truck.

Comment

BAM! Other than go to your credit union and your dealer won’t be able to beat it.

Comment

@riflebowpistol I would totally agree don’t tell them you are pre-approved until the deal is signed. I told the dealer oh don’t worry you don’t need to run my credit when we got back to financing I already got pre-approved very low and they said what rate? Ended up beating it by .5% so I was happy.

Similar to your experience, by the time the deal was over the salesperson was visually ****** about how little he made on the deal.

Comment

I’m a sales manager at Austin Subaru . I also did finance, as well as sales manager at Ford Store. I can answer your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                        I’m a sales manager at Austin Subaru . I also did finance, as well as sales manager at Ford Store. I can answer your questions.
                        incoming PM

Comment

All great advices here. With a little homework you’ll find low interest available out there without running your credit and no pre-approval needed since the dealer might even have the bank you found your low rate as one of there preferred landers. As far as products offered by the dealer it’s very important that you understand them and make you own decision if you need them or not. Yes there is profit on all of them just like anything out there that you buy.
                          I wouldn’t listen to anyone telling you not to buy something because I’ve learned one thing about vehicles. They all break and the new vehicles are not cheap to fix way too much technology. Just make the best decision based on your financial status. But I can definitely help with understanding a little bit about finance and help you spend the least amount of time in the store. I’ve done business with a few TBH folks and I’m confident to say that I’ve never wasted anyone’s time or played any games. Best advice I give to anyone buying a car is that if don’t few comfortable with the person or dealership you are dealing with don’t give them your business. There is plenty of good folks and stores that are transparent and wants your business.
                          Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 10-16-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindad View Post
                            incoming pm
                            👍

Comment

I just bought a new 4 door 4 wheel drive F350 and extended mileage warranty out to 125,000 miles. I can pretty much guarantee you the extended plan will pay for itself if there is one medium sized issue with the truck post expiration of the original manufactures warranty as diesel repairs are super expensive. 6 months ago I purchased a f150 single cab, 2 wheel drive work truck and never would of dreamed getting extended warranty. So to each their own and to each deal their own.

Bottom line is if your going to buy a car/ truck go into the dealerships and let them know your serious but leave (DONT BUY A CAR THAT DAY) and come back when they are begging you with cheaper prices Ect.

Comment

Working...
                              X