No announcement yet.

Christians who like Country Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Cash did a gospel album many years ago. It is pretty good. Lots good ole gospel music.

Comment

I'm like you in some aspects.....difference is I never listened to country music.....always rock. Since I've been living for God I don't listen to the music I once listened to for the same reasons as you. I really like certain singers and groups in contemporary Christian music especially ones with bluesy/southern rock sounds. Zach Williams is one of my favorites!! Over the years I've sang in trios, quartets, praise groups, etc. in church and gravitate to styles that I can sing. Check these out if you are looking for a country type sound.

Joseph Habedank
      Crabb Family
      Mike Bowling
      Josh Baldwin
      Last edited by Texar; 10-16-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Give this group a try.

http://www.brandedtx.com

Comment

Try Justin Todd Harod. he’s good

Songs I’d wished I wrote is awesome. But all are good
          Last edited by bownut; 10-16-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Zack. He has that southern voice. Saw him live at my church.

Comment

Just off the top of my head, here are a few. Some are long gone, but to me personally their music is still relevant and will always have a place in my playlist

The Original Hinsons
              New Hinsons
              Weston Hinson (yes, I’m a big fan of the Hinson family )
              I’ll second one mentioned above...Mike Bowling (reminds me a lot of Kenny Hinson)
              Gerald Crabb
              Jason Crabb (although he’s more southern gospel than country gospel)
              Mike Manuel (his father was a better singer in my opinion, but good luck finding any recordings of him) Mike is a Texas boy, raised in the thriving metropolitan area of New Waverly

I’m sure I’ll think of others, if I do I’ll try to remember to come post them here

Comment

Jake Hooker

Comment

90.5 in Houston is all Christian Country and you can listen online.

Comment

Great list. I now have about 160 new songs in my prime music to listen to!

Comment

Flatt Lonesome.

Comment

Look up Aaron Watsons Barbed Wire Halo album. One of my all time favorite Christian Albums. Also check out Clifton Jansky. He walked away from what would have most likely been a booming country singer career and turned to Christian music. His story is really good.

I have some others that have played at our cowboy church that were really good as well. I will see if I can come up with their names.

Comment

My brother and I were the odd ones growing up on the farm. We were rock-n-roll guys and still to this day play in a classic rock band. However we are devote followers of Christ and I listen to a lot of Christian music and also old Christian rock like Whiteheart, Petra, etc. I also listen to Christian country gospel. There is a station in the Houston area I believe it is 90.5 FM that is Christian country gospel.

Now as a kid growing up my dad also listened to the old cowboy songs like from Gene Autry, Sons of the San Joaqin, the Bar-J-Wranglers as well as the Gathers and some of those.

Comment

I love 33 miles or some of Danny Gokees older stuff.

Comment

Cody Jinks is a Christian. Listen to the lyrics he writes. Granted many of his songs bounce around a darker side of life, but his songs wreak of truth. One of my absolute favorite artists.

Comment

Some of the old Country outlaws you listened to have Christian songs.

Johnny Cash recorded several.

Kris Krisofferson : Why me Lord

Jamey Johnson: I remember you, Lead me home,

Comment

Working...
                                X