Tree saddle hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JX3 Hybrid

I just got my JX3 Hybrid a couple days ago. I went with the JX3 because it's a saddle/seat in one. I haven't gotten up a tree with it yet but they're supposed to be extremely comfortable. Look it up on YouTube and there are a few demonstrations. I'll update when I practice a few times with it and let you know what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Setup in my new backyard. 16ft to platform.

Targets at 20, 30, and just added 40 and 50 tonight.

My son is 12. We are both new starting this year.
      Just FYI make sure ur carabiners are always facing up.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Practicing from the saddle again this evening. I inavertantly placed my target in a tricky location and I was too lazy to get down and move it. A limb was basically directly in my way for a clear shot. The cool thing about a saddle is that you can manuver around the tree to get a shot. It takes some saddle time to get comfortable and to learn how to get into different shot positions. My target was at 25 yards.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't look comfortable for an all day or extended hunt. Anyone have experience? Need it from someone preferably an older dude like me.

Comment

Do they work well in twisted oaks? Do you have to have a certain length of relatively straight tree? Thx.

Comment

I just don’t see how it can be more comfortable than my climber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                I just don’t see how it can be more comfortable than my climber.

I never sat in a climber before, but I have lower back problems and sitting in a tree stand always gave me sciatic problems. Switched to a saddle and have not had a single flare up. I also don’t hunt in trees that I could use a climber. I think it’s all about preference. Longest I sat before is 6 hrs, not a single issue.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  Doesn't look comfortable for an all day or extended hunt. Anyone have experience? Need it from someone preferably an older dude like me.
                  I am 66. I usually do about 4 hour sits whether I am in a lock on or a saddle. You can easily do an all day sit in a saddle. You can stand, lean, sit with your knees against the tree, sit with your legs beside the tree. I was in the tree 3 hours this evening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

certified fat guy here....checking in. Im 6'3" and 285. I went with the cruzr XC as it seemed to be the best option for the portly folk. Ive spent a little time in the saddle just off the ground and it seems extremely versatile. I will be getting it up in the tree this weekend and doing some shooting out of it. I dont think ill have any trouble spending a couple hours in it at this point but it will take some getting used to in order for me to do the longer sits like I want to be able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                      I never sat in a climber before, but I have lower back problems and sitting in a tree stand always gave me sciatic problems. Switched to a saddle and have not had a single flare up. I also don’t hunt in trees that I could use a climber. I think it’s all about preference. Longest I sat before is 6 hrs, not a single issue.

I would use it over a lock on any day. I have too many pines and y’all oaks to mess with all those moving parts.

Comment

I have been hunting out of a saddle for going on 4 years. It has been a game changer for me. I hunt majority public land. its not cheap getting started in the saddle game but worth it if your hunting public land. I feel safer in a saddle than I ever have in any hang on or climber. When it comes to comfort its never going to be as comfortable as a comfy summit climber but it sure is a hell of alot lighter to carry/wear in to hunt plus your tree doesn't have to be straight.

Comment

i have a cruzer xc on order
                          hopefully it will come in time for deer season!

Comment

I was planning on going to that demo up around Denton back before the craziness started and everything got shut down

Interested but need some hands on before I jump in

Comment

So how do you get up in the the tree? From what I see, it looks like you have to get a rope up in the tree above you. Then pull yourself up? Or are you using, something like lineman's climbers, that strap on your boots? The pictures and the video. I don't see anyone wearing those, so I would assume they are pulling themselves up with a rope. You are going to have to get that rope tied off up in the tree to pull yourself up.

It looks like something that would work great for me, more so, if I could just walk up to a tree, say this looks like a good tree and be up in that tree and ready to hunt, inside of 10 minutes. I guess you could use different ways to get up in different trees, but just curious what is the normal procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                I'm 57 and could sit all day in mine. I got rid of all my hang on stands. You won't believe the comfort and versatilty.
                                Key is you can put the tree between you and the deer until you want to ease out and make the shot. It truly is a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X