20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
    Looking forward to it this year. Hoping to get a few teal hunts in, then off to North Dakota in October.Texas we will be on the coast and hunting cattle ponds.

Hoping for a lot of birds since Canada wont be hunted near as much. How do y’all think that will play into the season?

Do you watch Bobby guy films?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
      Do you watch Bobby guy films?

No I don’t who is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
        No I don’t who is he?

Waterfowl youtuber, he posted a video the other day saying exactly what you said. I hadn’t heard anyone else say that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
          Waterfowl youtuber, he posted a video the other day saying exactly what you said. I hadn’t heard anyone else say that before.

I didn’t put much thought into it either until I saw it being discussed on another forum.

Comment

Not much planned locally, but hopefully have a trip lining up for early Jan in Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              Not much planned locally, but hopefully have a trip lining up for early Jan in Montana.
              Chasing ducks? I would have guessed it would be locked up and the birds past that by then.

Comment

Closing in on early teal, how do y’all like to set up your spread?

Comment

^on toast

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                    It's teal man, don't overthink it. Throw out 6-12 dekes and a mojo and have at it. It don't matter if you are where they want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post

I like to finish ducks, I don’t mind shooting them on the water. If I can get them to sit down, I did what I was trying to do. My favorite spread (teal ponds and on the bay for big ducks) is two separate pods of decoys. For teal I’ll throw 8 decoys in a cluster in front with 4 decoys farther behind leaving a pocket in the middle. With this spread I can get big bunches to sit down right in the pocket. I do the same thing in the bay, I’ll separate my divers and puddle duck decoys and make a bigger pocket for the rafts to land in.

Comment

Where getting closer

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                          Where getting closer

One week and still don’t got a place to hunt, found one pond with some ducks and gonna give the owner a call tomorrow. Hopefully it works out

Comment

Got a couple spots picked out we hunted last year and a couple others I’d like to hunt but need to read up on rules.

Comment

Been seeing and hearing good things about teal numbers building around eagle lake... ready for Saturday.

Comment

I'm hearing about birds in my area, but dang teal can be here today and gone tomorrow.

Hunting public Saturday if I go.

Comment

Working...
                                X