No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch owner said we got right at 2" last night.. hope the rest of y'all picked up some as well.

Comment

i have found this site to be the best at actually showing real rainfall totals and you can zoom down to the very small area. You can play with the filters

Radar-estimated precipitation accumulation for the past 24 hours to 3 days. High resolution and interactive rainfall data on Google Maps.

Comment

My rancher sent this to me not sure of the location, but pretty cool old school pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
          i have found this site to be the best at actually showing real rainfall totals and you can zoom down to the very small area. You can play with the filters

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-ra...rs-to-72-hours

Cool. That’s seems pretty spot on with reports I’ve gotten from ranch.

Comment

That's a cool website. I'm definitely adding this to my favorites.

Our ranch is about the orange box.

Total annual rainfall totals from the casa rain gauge - over the past 2 years are something like
            2019 - 3''
            2020 - 1''

Anyone else in this bad of shape?
            Attached Files

Comment

I've zoomed down to a 100 acre area where I had been and seen the rain that fell on one side and not the other and the next day this radar summary was right on the mark even in that small an area!

Once on the map, if you put your cursor on a spot, it will give an exact estimate such as .67, 1.05 etc

I just get tired of you Mexico guys trying to figure out how much rain you've had Measuring in thimbles !!
              Last edited by buck_wild; 04-29-2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Hopefully some will receive some more rain tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
                  Hopefully some will receive some more rain tonight!!

Not us [emoji19] need another rain soon...

Comment

The sky changed 4 days ago, I texted canal riders to throttle down the pumps at the river yesterday and shut off all water at 6 pm yesterday, Im hoping everyone gets 2 inches this weekend, admittedly getting too loaded waiting for it to get here, night irrigators ready to quit, aphids blowing up, its a cluster For real as usual, good luck getting even moisture out of this event, Im nervous

Comment

.07 just south of Santa Monica last night.

Comment

We ended up with .68 south of Nuevo Laredo. The ranch was already really green before this last rain. We just need a big rain to top off the earth tanks.

Comment

Anyone cross at Columbia lately? Headed down this coming weekend and wondering about facemask, more than 2 guys in pickup, etc. ????

Comment

We got between 1-2" last Tuesday. I was at ranch this weekend and while the rain helped still quite bleak. Cows looked horrible. We checked guns and a couple mounted deer out thru Eagle pass and while easy still pretty weird with masks and virus insanity. Protein consumption very high and while thats good definitely need lots more rain. Going back in a couple weeks with fingers crossed.

Biggest takeaway was the incredible difference between pastures with cattle vs. no cattle. Cattle are not the deer mgrs. friend

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              We got between 1-2" last Tuesday. I was at ranch this weekend and while the rain helped still quite bleak. Cows looked horrible. We checked guns and a couple mounted deer out thru Eagle pass and while easy still pretty weird with masks and virus insanity. Protein consumption very high and while thats good definitely need lots more rain. Going back in a couple weeks with fingers crossed.

Biggest takeaway was the incredible difference between pastures with cattle vs. no cattle. Cattle are not the deer mgrs. friend

Nope! We’re blessed our cattle rancher does not over run the property with cattle he keeps a very conservative number on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                                Anyone cross at Columbia lately? Headed down this coming weekend and wondering about facemask, more than 2 guys in pickup, etc. ????

Just need a face mask and no issues with more than 1 in the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X