Neck Shot Placement Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    I gotcha, OP. I actually have a scientific reference diagram I made. You guys can feel free to save for later use.
    Shoot them in the yellow areas.
    Tried the top yellow spot a long time ago when I was a kid and it hit her in the nose, blew her snout off and didn’t find her.. it was pretty ugly..

Comment

Da Neck Bone...if you insist on neck

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I shootem in da front of da neck below da jaw.

[ATTACH]975772[/ATTACH]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

What did you shoot that deer with that caused such an awesome exit hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This always works well for me. Easy to find as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take center of the chest and just under chin... Right between those two points.

I don't like head side, it moves to much.

Comment

Head shots like pictured are too messy for me. Don't want that bloody mess while I have to keep proof.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Head shots like pictured are too messy for me. Don't want that bloody mess while I have to keep proof.

Honestly both of the head shots shown don’t look like very good shots to me. They are down around the jaw, they got enough of the throat to drop them probably, but completely missed the CNS.

Comment

Look at mine again Doc, there's no brain left, you're looking at the exit side. I should have mentioned I don't take head shots over 50ish yards. I like the neck roast and prefer not to destroy it if i can when I'm getting boom stick meat. But let's face it a carbon injection through the boiler room is more fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to shoot up near the head anywhere about 6-8” behind the head is a for sure broken spine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I shootem in da front of da neck below da jaw.

[ATTACH]975772[/ATTACH]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                        ;o)

Comment

If they are head down eating, the shoulder forms a point to the best place to aim

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to keep my deer Perty, so no head shots, plus the head moves to quick. I will take a neck shot with my 22-250 on does if everything is just right. It’s really not rocket science. You hit anywhere up and down the center of the neck and they drop.

Comment

Broadside below the ear and right at the back corner of the jaw,DRT!

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                                Tried the top yellow spot a long time ago when I was a kid and it hit her in the nose, blew her snout off and didn’t find her.. it was pretty ugly..
                                But but but..... I read on the internets that if you shoot head/neck they either fall right down or it’s a complete miss

Just use a real bullet ad shoot the shoulder, people.

Comment

Working...
                                X