No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are playing Fall ball this year for the first time in a long time.

My boy decided to quit football and focus on baseball 100%, because he wants to play in college.

Man, it's hard to let them make their own decisions. I'm not sure I agree with it, but you have to let them grow up and do their own thing at some point.

He was the #14 ranked 2021 wide receiver in the state in TAPPS.
    Yep - I'm braggin' and bummed at the same time!

Here are last years highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6389872/Gage-McCallum

I sure am missing some Friday night lights...but have killed a few more doves to make up for it!

Comment

Any of you guys boy’s play golf too? I want Brady to get to play more golf, but the two didn’t mix well a couple years ago. I think he can separate the two swings now, but I’m not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tan wants to..i have same concerns.. hes got a couple buddies that do both and ive seen first hand how theyve struggled transitioning back and forth..
        That being said ..theres a stud 12 year old we know that does both pretty dang well....
        Guess its just the kid..
        I know i couldnt do it..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Tan wants to..i have same concerns.. hes got a couple buddies that do both and ive seen first hand how theyve struggled transitioning back and forth..
          That being said ..theres a stud 12 year old we know that does both pretty dang well....
          Guess its just the kid..
          I know i couldnt do it..

I’d love for him to learn the mental side, and just be caught up on golf too when he gets older, plus I can play with him. Both great games, both very mental.

I have to admit, it surprises me a little that Tanner would be interested, and I think that’s awesome. Catchers are usually the smartest ball player on the field, so that makes some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I’d love for him to learn the mental side, and just be caught up on golf too when he gets older, plus I can play with him. Both great games, both very mental.

I have to admit, it surprises me a little that Tanner would be interested, and I think that’s awesome. Catchers are usually the smartest ball player on the field, so that makes some sense.

Lol hes been bugging us since he was 8.. i always thought it was so he could drive the cart

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Lol hes been bugging us since he was 8.. i always thought it was so he could drive the cart

Danger! That’s not the smart, cerebral, ball player, part....that’s the crazy assed catcher part!

Comment

Kid threw 5 today at PG qualifier in Tomball. It was a little warm with a 3p start time. Not sure how the last game today went but they went 2 games without giving up a run. Kid gave up a single to the 2nd batter and that was it. Kid is done for tourney as he went 75 pitches. Wish it would cool down a little

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Wish it would cool down a little
                  It's coming. It was 70 this morning and sprinkling here in NTX.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Kid threw 5 today at PG qualifier in Tomball. It was a little warm with a 3p start time. Not sure how the last game today went but they went 2 games without giving up a run. Kid gave up a single to the 2nd batter and that was it. Kid is done for tourney as he went 75 pitches. Wish it would cool down a little
                    good stuff man, will be interesting to see how is HS career finishes up and what decisions he has to make.

Comment

Little highlight from weekend of one of Tans throw downs..
                      Had pretty good outings with a couple outs at the plate where he was outweighed by 50lbs but hicast is being a biscuit and cant get the game times to show the video.

Fall ball is meh..treating it as developmental for keeping chops up.
                      Cant wait for spring.

Comment

2019 Select Baseball

Noah’s team is now 13u and boy has it been an adjustment. They have had to learn to really play baseball, understand the value of moving runners and sometimes playing small ball.
                        However, this weekend they figured it out and put together some good baseball and won their tournament.

Last edited by salth2o; 10-06-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post

DANG....is the back row kneeling as well???

Congrats on a great weekend!

Comment

A thought for you fellas on golf for young ball players...

If he bats righty get him a lefty set of clubs if he is dying to play. That way you don't jack up his swing, and he may even pick up switch hitting.

Comment

weekend of 14u ball at the whataburger fields in kilgore.....they went 4-0.
                              man it was hot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	71682205_10212475276877356_9174903442588565504_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24595369

Name:	71468794_10212475274757303_1372900323529588736_n.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	24595370

Name:	72461926_10220865519613006_5631631500144279552_n.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24595371

give you some idea at big some of these kids are, thats me in the longhorn shirt and im 6'3"

Comment

I'm coaching a 10U team this fall and next spring. Any of yall playing in Harker Heights this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X