• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Don't do that. I got stuck watching Earl highlights for 10 minutes
    or this

Before football turned to crap.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65gak1XX_oQ"]Jack Lambert (Scariest Looking Player In NFL History) NFL Legends - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      Gotta love how folks pivot to their political talking points and counterpoints to try to prove something that clearly does exist doesn't. Call it what you will - racism, systemic racism, implicit bias or whatever - it does exist and the impact is real, albeit difficult to measure.

One of my closest friends is a strong Christian, hardcore conservative Republican and we've had an ongoing debate on race since this NFL stuff started. No matter what, he could not take his politics out of the equation. He could acknowledge racism was an issue but always fell back into the politics. Angry at anything suggesting he or we (Republicans) were inherently racist and associating anyone speaking up to racism as part of the left wing crazies.

One day we're talking and he shares that his daughter is dating a young black kid and what great kid he is, his parents are, etc. He then shared how hard it was to get there - in terms of accepting and believing he was a great kid as opposed to had it been a white kid. He admitted he was having a hard time understanding as he was / is absolutely certain he is not racist. I had to laugh because I had been through something similar.

It is called implicit bias - it is real and it is widespread. It isn't malicious or intentional but it explains many examples of "call it something other than systemic" racism.

Resumes with identical qualifications of people with ethnic sounding names receiving 50% fewer call backs than resumes with more common names. Homes owned by black families appraising at consistently lower $/Sq foot compared to white homes in same neighborhoods. Behavior reported as suspicious of blacks totally ignored of whites. Police more likely to draw guns or use deadly force. There are countless examples and studies illustrating these and the impact is real.

Ask yourself and I wouldn't expect anyone to reply much less be honest, but what would your immediate reaction be if a black guy wanted to join your lease, knocked on your door after dark, etc. Or if you started a new job and met a couple of black people along with a bunch of white guys. Would everyone start on equal footing in terms of what you had to see before concluding they were definitely good guys?

If you can honestly say you would absolutely see and judge them equally and instantly without bias, then more power to you. Because I will admit I still fall into that trap sometime as I did initially when these NFL protests started.
      Be careful you’ll get flamed for a logical post like this one. Acknowledge it, accept it, show empathy, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
        Be careful you’ll get flamed for a logical post like this one. Acknowledge it, accept it, show empathy, and move on.

You get flamed and attacked personally for anything that doesn’t align with the Breitbart narrative.
        This is (mostly) not a place where real dialogue is possible. It's sad that that is disappearing across the board in this country.

Comment

I saw an article today that women in the Trump White House are paid $0.69 on the dollar compared to men. Of course there is no gender pay gap because that was solved in the past and the data is bad, study is weak, or I’m lying.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            I saw an article today that women in the Trump White House are paid $0.69 on the dollar compared to men. Of course there is no gender pay gap because that was solved in the past and the data is bad, study is weak, or I’m lying.
            so you saw an article huh... smh

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              That "study" doesn't tell you that they don't analyze jobs that are similar and that they are paid the same amount per federal guidelines....no matter the gender. All that study means is that Trump has more women in entry level positions. Its really not that hard to comprehend.....except for a liberal.

Another thing is why would a person on a bow hunting website give two rat's behinds whether men and women in the Whitehouse are paid the same. There are no words to describe this level of Karen.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                That "study" doesn't tell you that they don't analyze jobs that are similar and that they are paid the same amount per federal guidelines....no matter the gender. All that study means is that Trump has more women in entry level positions. Its really not that hard to comprehend.....except for a liberal.

Another thing is why would a person on a bow hunting website give two rat's behinds whether men and women in the Whitehouse are paid the same. There are no words to describe this level of Karen.

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                so you saw an article huh... smh

Case in point!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  Because I have a brain and a moral compass. How does that have anything to do with being a bow hunter? How many people in this thread even bow hunt?
                  The same label could be painted in this entire thread.

Comment

Go cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      That steel curtain was awesome! I am glad I was able to witness the glory days of football.

Comment

Are they just picking names out of a hat? Who is in charge of screening this stuff? Ridiculous.

This was the NFL post from yesterday on their FB....I was sent this, I don't have FB.

Comment

Pic

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Pic

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
                            What’s the deal..... he like boy’s?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              That steel curtain was awesome! I am glad I was able to witness the glory days of football.
                              Word
                              Men would put the hurt on other men......that’s the NFL Legacy

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                What’s the deal..... he like boy’s?
                                After committing 2 drive by shootings he led police on a chase while he was live streaming it on social media. Bailed out of his car and shot at a cop, the cop shot back and killed him while his camera was still rolling.

The NFL wants you to say his name.

Comment

Working...
                                X