Ginsburg is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    There are people here who have lost their marbles. There is no way Trump gets a conservative justice nominated and confirmed even by the end of his term. Absolutely no way. The other side will pull all manner of legitimate (by rules) shenanigans to delay it.

It would be hypocrisy at an order of magnitude that would turn off all most but the most right leaning Republicans in this country - and actually hurt Trump more than help him.

President Trump should take the high road for once and not try to cram this through. He should acknowledge the hypocrisy it would represent to try, take the time to honor RBG, and tell voters that he even though he is confident of a 2020 victory, we are going to hold our nomination for SCOTUS until after the election is decided.

Trying to cram this through is not worth the votes it will cost. Just the fact that there is a Supreme Court justice in the balance of this election results will be motivation for every Republican to get out and vote.
    They aren’t going to take that chance. It will get done ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      There are people here who have lost their marbles. There is no way Trump gets a conservative justice nominated and confirmed even by the end of his term. Absolutely no way. The other side will pull all manner of legitimate (by rules) shenanigans to delay it.

It would be hypocrisy at an order of magnitude that would turn off all most but the most right leaning Republicans in this country - and actually hurt Trump more than help him.

President Trump should take the high road for once and not try to cram this through. He should acknowledge the hypocrisy it would represent to try, take the time to honor RBG, and tell voters that he even though he is confident of a 2020 victory, we are going to hold our nomination for SCOTUS until after the election is decided.

Trying to cram this through is not worth the votes it will cost. Just the fact that there is a Supreme Court justice in the balance of this election results will be motivation for every Republican to get out and vote.

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amy Barrett will be SCJ by Christmas. Go Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Agree.

Moser must be at least a 30 pack deep lol

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Amy Barrett will be SCJ by Christmas. Go Trump
            Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              That's too funny, right there. 30 of them Buschs can give a person a buzz, usually.

Comment

LOL His Squaw is prolly out of town...

Comment

He’s already admitted to being a fan of Natty Lights....

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                    Nothing will happen before election day, McConnell is at risk of losing the Senate majority and that might push it over the edge. Now a lame duck Supreme Court is a distinct possibility.
                    I was wrong. McConnell says it is a go.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                      The times are different because someone on “the good team” is in the Whitehouse now. I know they will ram through a new justice before the election. Everyone just needs to admit the McConnell is a giant hypocrite and it was never about anything other than stealing a Supreme Court seat in 2016. Any other argument is indefensible.
                      No times are different because when he said that the president was a lame duck.. I.e. at the end of his second term ..

Comment

Gotta admit, was glad to hear there's another opportunity for Trump to put another conservative on the SC. And all the "RIP's" seem pretty surreal. Does anybody really think she's resting in peace right now? As far as how it affects the election, get ready for the left and the media to gnash their teeth more than ever. Crazy year.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                          Gotta admit, was glad to hear there's another opportunity for Trump to put another conservative on the SC. And all the "RIP's" seem pretty surreal. Does anybody really think she's resting in peace right now? As far as how it affects the election, get ready for the left and the media to gnash their teeth more than ever. Crazy year.
                          She and her family battled cancer many times. It’s ok to say RIP

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            No times are different because when he said that the president was a lame duck.. I.e. at the end of his second term ..

So IF trump loses, and is a lame duck, and hasn’t gotten a confirmation before Nov 3, you’re saying he shouldn’t make the appointment as a lame duck right?

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                              LOL His Squaw is prolly out of town...

It’s been a hot minute since I knocked down a 30 pack of anything, I suppose age has caught up with me. But if by “squaw”, you mean my wife...then you need to give a lot of thought to how you talk about her. Because there are plenty of things I have not forgot how to do...

Comment

That said, Trumps best play, is to let this one lay...he’s about to have 4 years to replace her, and likely another..

Comment

Working...
                                X