Folks to beware of doing business with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    I’ll be happy to call you, but you didn’t want to take care of it then, so what’s going to change now?

Outside looking in, he didn’t have to reply on this thread. He could’ve simply ignored it. I would reach out to him and see if he’s going to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
      Looks like most of codydu’s post (33) have been in the classified’s section. Hope it all works out for you. He was on TBH this morning around 5:30am.
      His classified ad’s look like he is fencing meth head loot

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        All titles are taking a lot more time. Register as a home built and use the bill of sale, other ways around needing a trailer title for registration.

Not true in Montgomery County and many others!

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
          Can't you still title it as homemade?
          Originally posted by LUCKY AGAIN View Post
          "All titles are taking a lot more time. Register as a home built and use the bill of sale, other ways around needing a trailer title for registration."

this has become much more difficult now. its not an easy process like it used to be.
          Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
          Don't title it. Just register it then you can use it.
          Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          A 16' trailer under 4000 lbs does not require a title, actually it is difficult to get one.

Some counties will still let you by with this but I can tell you for a fact Montgomery County will not. To register as homemade you have to have receipts for materials and take it to be inspected by LEO and if it appears to not be homemade you will not get a title.

Comment

Originally posted by LUCKY AGAIN View Post
            Ok, here it is. 3-25-2020 there was a 16 ft trailer posted by onetondodge for codydu, also a member. I talker to cody, we made a deal, i drove down there to pick up the trailer. All i got was a bill of sale. No 130u, no title. He said he couldn't find it. I realize this is partially my fault for buying it without a title and 130u.
            Well i tried to transfer title and couldn't. Contacted cody. He said he would get a lost title and get back with me. About 6 weeks went by, i called again. He said because of covid 19 it was taking a long time to get title back. Well in recent months i have tried to call and text him more times than i can count and he won't answer or reply.
            About june the rules were changed about trailers and titles so now i'm being told i need to get a bonded title on the trailer. None of this would have been a problem if he would have followed through with getting the lost title. He seemed like a super nice guy but i can't verify that at this point in time.
            To make it worse, in the mean time, i have repainted it, put new tires and wheels on it, and plan on rewiring the lights that don't work. But legally, i can't put it on the road.
            I drove a trailer for years with out a plate................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Telling You! I don't know if the PoPo's don't wanna mess with it or what. I have had them at the red light right behind me and just roll on.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post

My Step Dad was convince you were better off with no plate than an expired one or an out of state plate. We rodeod all over 5 states for years with no trailer plate.

Comment

I used to rebuild and restore trailers, mostly cattle and horse trailers. Doctors, lawyers, everyone would take their plates off when they dropped them off because the plates were always for some other trailer, most of them could have just registered as farm plates for $7 year and never needed inspection. People are funny.

Comment

Legdog takes pics of me from my bad side, he tries to make me heavier than I think I am

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                      Well theres two sides to it. I guess you're ok with poor quality knives. I have bought many knives personal and professional from the best knife maker on the GS....NO problem.
                      Like wise.

Comment

Folks to beware of doing business with?

Key parts highlighted in photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          sigh.

No. and especially if they can claim they went to a certain school....

I've got one that still sticks in my craw because he was such a .....head about the whole deal. Just a complete waste of time dealing with him. I just don't buy knives, guns or fishing equipment from him.
                          Never met you, I’m going to bet your a good guy, I have met Connley Simms several times, and he’s about as stand up as they get, you guys should just get this worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Some counties will still let you by with this but I can tell you for a fact Montgomery County will not. To register as homemade you have to have receipts for materials and take it to be inspected by LEO and if it appears to not be homemade you will not get a title.
                            Another good reason to avoid Montgomery County. I have two trailers i need to register now. Going to Fayette county.

Comment

If you claim it is home made and it isn’t the task force guy will catch it and more then lilley not let you leave with it. Call the local guy and tell him the story. Have proof and he will help you get what you need. The extra money you pay on insurance policy is where the auto task force gets their budget.

Comment

As long as it isn't hot,which I know it's not.Grind the vin# off,put a little of that paint you talked about on it,and tell them you built it..Register it as homemade.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X