My Testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Testimony

3 years ago today is a anniversary for me, in 2011 May I retired after 22+ years of service to this great nation and I would not chage a thing I did except one thing and I had to do it after I retired. You see I am an alcoholic, some say it is genetic, some say it is self induced, hell I really dont care, I was drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels and a case, not a 12 pack a case of beer a days, wonder how I am still here me to. Being a professional drinker that I was, I would find a way to get my drink on, whether truck payment got missed or I would forget to pay something very deliberately. I was a terrible husband to my wife Renee Wylie, and a terrible Dad to my kids... This is something I have to live with on a daily basis, there have been countless nights and days of drinking and driving where I could have killed folks but did not. Why am I writing this, Well today is my anniversary of being SOBER, not a drop in 3 years, what has this done for me, Well I fell in love all over again with my wife Renee Wylie, I can really enjoy all 4 of my wonderful kids, and provide them the love, caring and sound advice that a dad should and does, I am almost caught up on all financial mistakes, 20+ years of boozing is hard to correct but working on it, I have found pure enjoyment out of simple things in life, like the outdoors again, I have found my self respect, and positive confidence again which had been lost many a year ago, I have found God again, which if you know me personally, I was a heathen and a animal when I had my drink going strong, but having god in my life again I have clarity and a sense of redemption of life. I have a purpose with god, right now he is pointing me to help veterans, I will take this course till he tells me to go Left or Right. I love my life, my wife, my kids and my friends and family.. Speaking of friends, I had what I thought were friends when boozing it up, but when I got SOBER, they all left, but have since been replaced by people I call brother and sisters, but are not blood, they have been put in the path I am walking now for a reason only god knows, he will tell me in his time when he knows I am ready. How did I do this, BRUTAL HONESTY from my wife Renee Wylie and my kids. I was at the bottom and let me tell ya, it sure as hell is hard to climb from the lowest pits of hell but I am doing it, one day at a time, sometimes it goes by the minutes, but it gets easier everyday. I have true friends no matter what happens, and honest friend. Martin Trevino, Gordon Melton, Bobby Pennington, Hilljack, Vic, Julie, Dave, Dave and Dave, Gary Bartels and pretty much my CTB, TBH family.... I will continue this path and fight till I no longer can, and when I can not continue, I will pick my sorry *** up, dust off and get back on my feet.... This is my testimony.

Amen!

Comment

Awesome job brother! Keep it straight and narrow! I'll be praying for you. If you ever need anything let me know!

Comment

Quit Drinking 9 yrs ago...BEST thing I ever did..Did it at first for my Son (Medical Problem with his Kidneys) but in the end it helped me the most...It will get easier,I can't even stand the smell of it now..

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for your service to our country and for the honesty in your testimony. Continue on, Brother.

Comment

Awesome story and congrats!

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing. This gives others strength to conquer some of our own baggage we carry around.

Comment

Great testimony!!! I love stories of redemption. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Comment

Great story and testimony. Four years for me and life only gets better. Congrats brother.

Comment

20+ years of sobriety for me. I was drinking a quart of whiskey a day when I quit. You make me look amateur as a drunk.

Good for you. Life can be good, in fact much better sober than drunk. Keep up the spirit and you will do well. It sounds to me like you love life so much now that you really don't want to ruin it by drinking again.

I always say that quitting drinking only meant giving up one drink, the first one. The first drink was always the best one for me so that was hard for awhile. Now I have pretty much forgotten about drinking and it seems that I have always been sober. I could not face myself in the mirror if I were to take a drink.

Comment

Congratulations sir!!!

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Great Story. Hopefully you can fid the strength to continue with this endeavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X