Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shots

Comment

Here is something I've just started doing to slow my practices down. Currently I shoot too much .

I stalk my 3D target!!!! I will start off about 20 yards off and stalk to inside 15 yards. I use the slow walk method in Asbells' book. I try as quietly and slowly as I can to get into position, draw and take the shot. The whole time I concentrate on the target and concentrate on the entire aspect, balance, etc.

This actually gets your nerves going because you realize how much effort and TIME you have put into that 1 shot. You have to force yourself to go slow as well.

If I hit the money, I get to stalk to a longer distance... if I miss the mark, I have to stalk closer on the next one. It really forces you to make each shot count.
      Last edited by SwampRabbit; 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

looks dang near perfect

Comment

Looks like ure ready to wet em up!

Comment

That is a really good idea thanks

Comment

Just got a samick sage cant wait to get her fine tuned to my liking

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Work on progress but chunky is getting me dialed in think ill be good for season

Comment

so I just upgraded to a heavier recurve now I have to start over my group is all over the place ha ha but give me a week ill be back

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                      so I just upgraded to a heavier recurve now I have to start over my group is all over the place ha ha but give me a week ill be back
                      Awesome! Keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                        What # limbs did get?

Comment

Its a loaner from chunky 62# he said I'd have to give up my first born if I broke his bob lee lol just kidding but seriously super sweet bow to build a good platform and build muscle memory with all the thanks to the master CHUNKY

Comment

Looks like you are dialed in.

Comment

Under the advice of my master Chunky I started shooting at Clay Target rolling on the ground to help with my reflexes it is quite a bit of fun unless you hit something hard and break an arrow

Comment

Sounds like fun little john! Glad you're like the trad thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X