Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had excellent luck with my xpress

Comment

I just sold my 20ft Xpress with a 115 SHO. I have nothing bad to say about Xpress. 0 problems. Just had to sell due to buying a ranch and moving from the coast. I’d buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        Doing my research for a purchase this fall. Are any aluminum boat brands beget or worse than others? Looking at G3, XPRESS, Alumacraft, sea ark etc. prices used and new seem about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        All of those were good brands except alumicraft when I bought my first boat over 15 years ago. How are they now not real sure but I ended up buying a G3 and it was a real good boat. There are some great custom aluminum boat builders out there, if money was no option I would buy a Gator Trax.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
          I’d look at Avid boats (21 fs or 21 fusion bay series) or, like you mentioned, Xpress 20HB or 22HB with the hyperlift hull

But that’s just me. Center console bay boat... I could not care less about ANYTHING freshwater
          I believe these are some of the Vexus guys that left and started their own company, Vexus makes a fancy tin boat but they are too proud of them in price IMO considering how young a company they are.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            I believe these are some of the Vexus guys that left and started their own company, Vexus makes a fancy tin boat but they are too proud of them in price IMO considering how young a company they are.
            Vexus is built by people who left ranger when Johnny Morris took ranger to the dumpster. I wouldn't exactly say they're a young company

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Vexus is built by people who left ranger when Johnny Morris took ranger to the dumpster. I wouldn't exactly say they're a young company

Forrest Wood is dead, the kids run the company now, its not the same, why would a bunch leave to start Avid so quickly. From everything I've heard Randy Hopper is a leach. And yes Ranger is a dumpster fire now.

Comment

Look into havoc boats

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opC3TZh1tqY"]HAVOC BOATS 2019 MSTC is put to the test - DO NOT TRY - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have a 18ft xpress that I'm really pleased with. Nothing modern to compare it with; all my other boats were old riveted boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                    Look into havoc boats
                    Pretty cool video. But I'd never hire one of them guys to run a jackhammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Pretty cool video. But I'd never hire one of them guys to run a jackhammer.
                      [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Forrest Wood is dead, the kids run the company now, its not the same, why would a bunch leave to start Avid so quickly. From everything I've heard Randy Hopper is a leach. And yes Ranger is a dumpster fire now.
                        I don't know about avid. But I do know how the people of flippin and mountain home Arkansas talk about the Wood family. I also know how well the people of vexus treated my parents and son on a tour of the plant last summer.

That's enough for me

Comment

I had a Xpress 2072 and never had many issues with it. The front bracing under the deck broke once but other than that, I never had any issues...now on the other hand, my buddy had the exact same boat in an Alumacraft and he had a ton of issues with his (hull cracked two different times and had to be rewelded). If I had to buy another one, I would go with
                          SeaArk as i'm pretty sure they build theirs with a little thicker aluminum.

Comment

Look up GatorTrax. I loved mine.

Boatwright also makes a great boat

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention.
                              I'll give $500.00 to the person, who can physically locate that boat.

Comment

I have been very impressed with my SeaArk however it’s a commercial hull and built heavier than most production aluminum boats. I have a thread in here if the rebuild I did (still not done) but you can see how the boat is made pretty well in the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X