Unexpected guests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected guests?

We are having a small get together for my daughters birthday today, and only invited close family. My SIL and her family came but she brought over a friend and her toddler daughter. She walks in and is super loud and annoying, her small daughter is running around the house crying playing with my sons toys and just making a mess. How would y’all handle this? I came to my room to get away, I told my wife to come get me when the party starts… I forgot to mention they got here about 3 hours early…

Birthday party....suck it up Dad. It's not about you!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Birthday party....suck it up Dad. It's not about you!
      Lol true! But I hate not being able to feel comfortable in my own home!

Comment

Bet your a blast at parties.

Comment

Can you slip some whiskey or Benadryl in the toddlers drink? [emoji23]

Seriously though, it’s your house. say something if it bothers you that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah.. just enjoy it and it’s only a couple of hours to deal with.

Comment

Get sloppy drunk, dance in a banana hammock. End of problem.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                Bet your a blast at parties.
                Lol I’m actually very laid back but even my wife is frustrated and so are my kids…

Comment

Move the party outside. Close/ lock bedroom doors to keep the kid out. Put some ear buds in to drown out the smoke detector…. I mean… the other loud, annoying sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I’m just overreacting, the party is about to start and everyone is outside now playing.

Comment

Brother's wife or wife's sister, so your sibling or spouse needs to say something...after this is over. Good luck!

Comment

You missed your chance to blame it on covid and tell them you didn't want unknown folks around lol

Comment

Don't you get it? Sil set you up where you have to go to her daughters birthday now. Chill dude. It for the kids not you. Insert smiley face if I knew how.

Comment

Just have another beer and wear one of those funny birthday hats….

Comment

Well, I'm afraid I'd have to say something to the "guest" who brought guests... after the party later on... If she get's all butt-hurt, then problem solved and you won't have to worry about her doin' it in the future... If she understands, still problem solved... sounds like a win-win to me... In the meanwhile just grin n bear it... OR you could "bare" it! That'd break things up pretty quick I bet!

Comment

Working...
                              X