No announcement yet.

Recall gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you located? Do you have any buddies that can lend a hand?

Comment

“” If you drive it in for the recall and later they told you it could be weeks, I would be ******.””
      I drove it into dealership in theft mode, the computer couldn’t talk to the brakes or ignition properly ( so said the code reader)

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
        Ok, so if it wasn’t running, it’s still not running. Nothing’s changed other than the location of the truck not running. I understand being frustrated not having a truck, but nothing’s the dealership can do about the availability of the part.

If you drive it in for the recall and later they told you it could be weeks, I would be ******.
        Bam!!

Comment

So what if the chip makers decided to charge the dealerships 5 grand over retail?

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            My truck had a recall and TSB , ignition, computer problem
            It’s now sitting with zero way to repair because the micro chip shortage
            No loaner, rental cars are zero available
            Maybe I should start looking at renting a U-haul , got a ranch to run and feed, salt waiting on a loading dock,
            Why start work you know can’t be completed @ the dealership
            We have been finding out all of this mess in the past few months. We planned to rent a van to take our daughter to Tennessee, turns out no rental car companies had any vans, no trucks, no SUVs. Then right before our daughter graduated, a guy ran a red light and totaled her car. The other person's insurance, gave her the green light to get a rental car. Turns out it was not that easy. After three days of checking rental car companies, they finally found a car to rent.

In the process of her car getting totaled and then moving her, we found there are very few rentals, because the rental car companies sold off most of their cars last year. Then with the chip shortage, the manufactures have cars lined up at the plants, waiting on computers. So a bunch of people have figured out that U-Haul has vans and trucks, so those are getting rented as fast as they come in. Same with Home Depot pickups.

I really wonder if someone knew how this whole mess would snowball into what it has, or if this whole mess we have been dealing with for a year, is just a lack of foresight. I keep wondering, if someone knew if they shut down businesses and or sent people home in fear of dying, that they could ripple our country as thoroughly as they have.

Comment

So your truck had a working computer and now needs a new chip in it? Doesn’t make sense.

Comment

The vehicle may or may not start once the computer is installed. If the vehicle does not start an antitheft password relearn procedure will have to be done. This E.C.M. fits the following vehicles: 2014-16 4.3/5.3/6.2L Chevrolet Silverado.

But that and walk in there with it, tell them to reimburse you.

Comment

Sounds to me like the truck was unusable (theft mode I think you called it?) when you dropped it off and is still unusable because of lack of parts?

Irritating as heck I can imagine but not like it was running and you took it in for a recall and they put it into a state of unusable

Or do I have the situation wrong?

Comment

Just to make sure I am reading the story straight. Your 7 yr old vehicle with a FREE repair was taken in. That tells me that when the recall you brought it in for was opened late 2015 early 2016. If memory serves me correctly. You bring it in after they mailed the final notice or a letter of some sort. Probably because you severed the dealer relationship after purchase. You take it to wal mart for oil changes. Your responsibility is in 2 areas. 1. Maintain your vehicle at the dealer. Not required but recommended. 2. When you dropped it off. You did not inquire with the service department. Inquiring and asking, hey what does this repair look like. What will it take. Is now the best time. Etc.

So had the above bee. Done you would know, that depending on programming codes, build date etc. Your truck may be dead lined for a free repair. That you likely could wait for as the truck is 7 yrs old and under 125K miles.

Poor communication on the dealer side yes. Poor investigation on your side 100%

Had you brought this vehicle in for services at scheduled intervals. You would have known no later than early 2016 this repair was needed. Which at that time parts are readily available.

After all ..most of you think dealerships are the devil. Why wouldn't they want free recall money from GM?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Sounds to me like the truck was unusable (theft mode I think you called it?) when you dropped it off and is still unusable because of lack of parts?

Irritating as heck I can imagine but not like it was running and you took it in for a recall and they put it into a state of unusable

Or do I have the situation wrong?
                      You would be correct, the cpu wouldn’t recognize the keys sometimes and then when started throwing abs code & theft mode
                      I nursed it in , we have a Tahoe that had the same problem a bad cpu , my frustration is the unknown amount of time, “ week or a month we don’t know “

Comment

Some one could make a fortune right now if they could figure out how to make the chips.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          You would be correct, the cpu wouldn’t recognize the keys sometimes and then when started throwing abs code & theft mode
                          I nursed it in , we have a Tahoe that had the same problem a bad cpu , my frustration is the unknown amount of time, “ week or a month we don’t know
                          I can definitely sympathize with that

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Just to make sure I am reading the story straight. Your 7 yr old vehicle with a FREE repair was taken in. That tells me that when the recall you brought it in for was opened late 2015 early 2016. If memory serves me correctly. You bring it in after they mailed the final notice or a letter of some sort. Probably because you severed the dealer relationship after purchase. You take it to wal mart for oil changes. Your responsibility is in 2 areas. 1. Maintain your vehicle at the dealer. Not required but recommended. 2. When you dropped it off. You did not inquire with the service department. Inquiring and asking, hey what does this repair look like. What will it take. Is now the best time. Etc.

So had the above bee. Done you would know, that depending on programming codes, build date etc. Your truck may be dead lined for a free repair. That you likely could wait for as the truck is 7 yrs old and under 125K miles.

Poor communication on the dealer side yes. Poor investigation on your side 100%

Had you brought this vehicle in for services at scheduled intervals. You would have known no later than early 2016 this repair was needed. Which at that time parts are readily available.

After all ..most of you think dealerships are the devil. Why wouldn't they want free recall money from GM?
                            Actually I have only recently quit doing oil changes with cavender Chevy
                            1. I had a oil change package till 36,000 , it’s got 62,000 but still got my oil and tire rotation and recommended service manual maintenance during tsb’s
                            2. It’s seen its fair share of recalls and TSB’S ( not all applied to my truck however here is a list)

TSB Number & Issue Date / TSB Title
                            14315A JUN 14 Recall - Audible Warning Non-Compliance
                            14121B MAY 14 Recall - A/T Oil Cooler Line Connection
                            14204 MAY 14 Recall - Inner Tie Rod Torque
                            14008A JAN 14 Recall - Exhaust System Components Overheat
                            13323 OCT 13 Recall - Seat Back Recliner Lever Non-Compliance
                            13230B JUL 13 Recall - Passenger Air Bag Inflator Weld May Fracture
                            13370A JAN 14 Recall - Fuel Pump Pressure Regulator Replacement
                            14126A JUL 14 Campaign - Odometer Display is Incorrect
                            14002A FEB 14 Campaign - Poor Underbody Appearance
                            13430 DEC 13 Campaign - Rear Differential Pinion Nut Improperly Fastened
                            13356 NOV 13 Campaign - Forward Collision Alert Audible Warning Inop.
                            13318 NOV 13 Campaign - Power Sliding Back Window Inoperable
                            13330 OCT 13 Campaign - Active Fuel Management Calibration
                            13331 OCT 13 Campaign - High Pressure Fuel Pump Replacement
                            13314 OCT 13 Campaign - Engine Oil Pump Replacement
                            13310A OCT 13 Campaign - Seat Back Movement
                            13304 SEP 13 Campaign - Incorrect Alternator Installed in Vehicle
                            13290A SEP 13 Campaign - Engine Piston Oil Squirters are Bent
                            13257 AUG 13 Campaign - Body Control Module Software Update
                            13259 AUG 13 Campaign - Fuel Pump Replacement
                            13254 AUG 13 Campaign - Throttle Body Replacement
                            13240 JUL 13 Campaign - Power Steering Loss in Extreme Heat/Cold
                            13186 JUN 13 Campaign - Incorrect Battery Current Sensor Installed
                            13167A JUN 13 Campaign - Rubber Floor Mats Missing From Vehicle
                            00-00-89-027H JUL 14 Interior - Eliminating Unwanted Odors
                            14-06-04-004B JUL 14 Engine, Fuel System - Various Noises During Engine Operation
                            10-08-46-001B JUL 14 OnStar(R) - Inadequate Radio Mute During Nav. Announcements
                            PIT5231A JUL 14 Audio System - Blank Display/DTC U150F Stored
                            PI1212A JUN 14 Instruments - Improper/Incomplete Cluster Programming
                            PI1273 JUN 14 Steering - Svc. Power Steering Message/DTC C056D-39
                            PIT4250G JUN 14 Body - Water/Dust Through Bed Stake Pocket Openings
                            PIP4112P JUN 14 Drivetrain Controls - Sag/Hesitation on Acceleration
                            PIP5137C JUN 14 Engine - Rough Idle/Vibration In Drive
                            05-03-08-002F JUN 14 Suspension - Shock Absorber/Strut Replacement Guidelines
                            PI1266 JUN 14 Audio System - Radio Reprogramming Using Techline(R)/SPS
                            PI1268 JUN 14 Lighting - RSE/Rear Dome Lamps Flicker With Turn Signals On
                            PIT5298 JUN 14 Electrical - Installation od Upfitter Auxiliary Switches
                            PI1265 JUN 14 Steering - Popping Noise From Front End of Vehicle
                            PI0373B JUN 14 Body - Power Foldaway Mirror Glass Shakes/Flutters
                            PI1262 JUN 14 Interior - Noise From The Center Console
                            PIC5088E JUN 14 Audio System - XM(R) Band Not Receiving All Channels
                            PIC5588B JUN 14 OnStar(R) - Replacement Module Activation/Programming
                            PI1126C JUN 14 Instruments - Various Malfunctions, Issues
                            PIT5277A JUN 14 Audio System - Various Radio Concerns
                            PIP4112P JUN 14 Engine Controls - Normal Sag/Hesitation on Acceleration
                            PIT5293 JUN 14 A/C - Unwanted Compressor Operation After Turning Off
                            PIT4250G JUN 14 Body - Water/Dust Through Openings Under Bed Rails
                            14212 JUN 14 Campaign - Towing Capacity Owners Manual Supplement
                            PIP4653E JUN 14 A/T Controls - MIL ON/Multiple DTC's Stored in The TCM
                            PIT5266B MAY 14 Starting System - No Crank/Click No Crank
                            00-03-10-006J MAY 14 Tires - Radial Force Variation (RFV) Information
                            03-03-10-007I MAY 14 Wheels/Tires - OE Tire and Wheel Characteristics
                            PI1238A MAY 14 Audio System - No XM(R) On Start Up
                            12-08-132-001B MAY 14 Electrical - Power Outlet/Trailer Lighting Fuse Replacement
                            PIP5199 MAY 14 Engine - Crankshaft Balancer Appears To Be Wobbling
                            06-00-89-029J MAY 14 Interior - Cleaning Plastic Surfaces
                            PIP3119M MAY 14 Exhaust System - Catalytic Converter Break In Information
                            14-08-117-001 MAY 14 Body Controls - Unable to Clear BCM DTC's After Repairs
                            PI1235 MAY 14 Electrical - Proper Ground Terminal Repair Information
                            05-06-04-035D MAY 14 Fuel System - E85 Fuel Usage Information
                            PI1215A MAY 14 Fuel System - MIL ON, DTC P0232 Set Diagnostic Tip
                            PIT5285 MAY 14 Cell Phone - Call Screen Displayed After Call is Ended
                            PIT5232A MAY 14 Instruments - Outside Temperature Won't Update
                            PIP5175B MAY 14 A/T - Launch Shudder, Delayed Engagement, 1-2 Shift Bump/Clunk
                            PIT5283 MAY 14 Audio System - Radio Touchscreen Inaccurate/Hard to Use
                            PIP5130D APR 14 Engine - Intermittent No Start, DTC's P0011 or P00C6
                            07-08-42-006I APR 14 Lighting - BCM Updates for Bulb Outage Detection
                            PIT5282 APR 14 Electrical/Brakes - Aftermarket Trailer Brake Controller
                            PIC5991 APR 14 Cell Phone - Brief Static During Outbound Bluetooth(R) Calls
                            01-08-42-001J APR 14 Lighting - Exterior Lamp Condensation/Replacement Guidelines
                            02-08-42-001G APR 14 Lighting - Head/Tail/License/Fog/Driving Lamp Damage Info.
                            PIC5491F APR 14 OnStar(R) - System Will Not Power Up
                            PI1221 APR 14 Body - Excessive Wind Noise From Front Door Glass Area
                            PIP5168C APR 14 Engine - Crank But No Start
                            PI1159C APR 14 Infotainment System - Various Issues/Concerns
                            PI1187A APR 14 Mirrors - Interior Rearview Mirror is Loose
                            PIT5272 APR 14 Body - Whistle Noise Heard Inside Vehicle While Driving
                            PIT5274 APR 14 Lighting - Roof Beacon Lighting Harness Location
                            PIP3343E APR 14 Engine - Oil Leaks in Extremely Cold Temperatures
                            PIP5189 APR 14 Fuel System - Black Smoke On Cold Start
                            PI1210 APR 14 Interior - Rattle From Front Floor Center Console
                            PIC5978 MAR 14 Audio System - Favorites List Covers Menu Options
                            PIT5241B MAR 14 Electrical - Adding Integrated Trailer brake Controller
                            PI1201A MAR 14 Exhaust System - Buzz/Pop/Rattle or Whistle Noises
                            PIT5161B MAR 14 Fuel System - Bump or Clunk After Stopping (Normal Condition)
                            PIC5854B MAR 14 Audio System - HD Radio Signal Cuts In and Out
                            PI1180A MAR 14 Antitheft - Intermittent No Start/Security Lamp ON/DTC's Set
                            PIT5268 MAR 14 Audio System - Normal Operating Characteristics
                            PI1199 MAR 14 Exhaust System - Engine Cranks, No Start, Loud Backfires
                            PIT5253A MAR 14 Ignition System - Intermittent No Start With DTC P1682
                            PI1105A MAR 14 Electrical - Trailer Brake Controller Harness Information
                            PI1174A MAR 14 Instruments - Knob Ring Illumination Information
                            PI0970A MAR 14 Body - Difficult to Engage Tonneau Cover Clamps
                            PIT5964 MAR 14 OnStar(R) - Canadian Customers Unable to Make Calls in USA
                            PIC5374C MAR 14 OnStar(R) - Off Route Message During Turn-By-Turn Operation
                            PIC4801F MAR 14 OnStar(R) - Turn-By-Turn Feature Inoperative
                            PI1183 FEB 14 Interior - Front Seat Lateral Movement or Clicking Noises
                            PIC3011H FEB 14 OnStar(R) - Voice Recognition Operation Issues
                            PI0737A FEB 14 Body - Rear Doors Intermittently Won't Open From Inside
                            09-03-10-016B FEB 14 Wheels - Preventing Chrome Clad Wheel Damage
                            12-03-10-002A FEB 14 Wheels/Tires - Vibration Felt Between 58-72 MPH
                            PIC5968 FEB 14 Navigation - Normal Map View Changes During Operation
                            07-03-10-008D FEB 14 Tires - Mild Feathering Information
                            05-03-10-020E FEB 14 Tires - Nitrogen Gas Usage Information
                            08-03-10-006E FEB 14 Wheels/Tires - Tire Slowly Goes Flat on Aluminum Rim
                            PIT5245A FEB 14 A/C - Blower Motor Noisy or Vibrates in Freezing Temps
                            PIT4943C FEB 14 Emissions - EVAP DTC P0442 Diagnosis
                            PIT5240B FEB 14 A/C/Interior - A/C, Seat Heater Operation During Remote Start
                            PIT5233A FEB 14 Starting System - Difficult to Turn Key in Ignition
                            02-08-98-002E FEB 14 Body - Hem Flange Rust Repair Information/Procedure
                            PI0360C FEB 14 Keyless Start - Inoperative Using OnStar(R) Remote Link
                            PI0488D FEB 14 A/T - No Forward Engagement/Slipping
                            PIT5238A FEB 14 Body - Accessory Tow Hook Installation Information
                            PIT5252A FEB 14 Body Controls - Horn/Wipers/Hazard Flashers Stuck ON
                            PIP5179 FEB 14 Fuel System - Extended Cold Start Crank Times
                            PIP5174A FEB 14 Fuel System - Extended Crank Time When Using E85 Fuel
                            PIT5255 JAN 14 Body Controls - False DTC B263A SYM04
                            PIP5176 JAN 14 Cooling System - Engine Runs Hot or Overheats
                            99-08-51-007F JAN 14 Wheels - Information Regarding Refinishing Aluminum Wheels
                            PIT5244A JAN 14 Body - Tailgate Pop/Click/Snap When Opening
                            PIT3227J JAN 14 Body - Tailgate Cable Slack
                            PIC5161D JAN 14 Audio System - Normal Key OFF Operation
                            PIT5248 JAN 14 Body Controls - Unable To Clear Chassis Control Module DTCs
                            PIT5249 JAN 14 Brakes - New DOT 3 Brake Fluid
                            PIP4670D JAN 14 Computers/Controls - Module Swapping Warning
                            PIC5953 JAN 14 Cell Phone - Voice Recognition Issues Involving Emojis/Symbols
                            PIP5092A JAN 14 Drivetrain - Driveline Noise/Vibration Diagnostic Aids
                            PIT5247 JAN 14 Fuel System - E85 Fuel Capability
                            PIT5195A JAN 14 Instruments - Speedometer Needle Accuracy
                            PIT5245 JAN 14 A/C - Blower Motor Noisy or Vibrates
                            PI1103A JAN 14 Memory Systems - Power Seat/Mirror Inoperative
                            PI0281D JAN 14 Body - Under Body Corrosion
                            PIP3140F JAN 14 Vehicle - Abnormal Noise/Vibration Due to Aftermarket Items
                            PIT5229A JAN 14 A/C - Excessive Dust Intrusion Into Interior
                            01-07-30-042H JAN 14 A/T - 2-3 or 3-2 Shift Clunk Noise Information
                            PI1150 JAN 14 Starting System - Clicking Noise From Rear of Engine
                            05-00-89-072C DEC 13 Fuel System, Engine - Fuel and Oil Additive Information
                            00-06-01-026E NOV 13 Engine - Inspection After Severe Internal Engine Damage
                            PI0018B NOV 13 Body - Front/Rear Side Door Windows Bind/Noisy/Move Slowly
                            05-06-04-022J NOV 13 Fuel System - TOP TIER Gasoline Information (Canada)
                            04-06-04-047L NOV 13 Fuel System - TOP TIER Gasoline Information (US)
                            10-08-110-001A NOV 13 Interior - Proper Use of Floor Mats
                            06-08-51-005C OCT 13 Body - Hem Flange Sealer for Corrosion Protection
                            01-06-01-011H OCT 13 Engine - Oil Consumption Guidelines
                            00-03-10-002H OCT 13 Wheels - Chemical Staining on Chromed Aluminum Wheels
                            13-08-43-001 SEP 13 Wipers/Washers - Wiper Blade Identification
                            06-08-44-012G SEP 13 Navigation System - DVD Navigation Update Program
                            13-08-66-001 SEP 13 Body - Tailgate Hinge Lubrication Procedure
                            07-02-32-002N SEP 13 Steering - Power Steering Fluid Leaks
                            01-08-51-003D SEP 13 Body/Frame - Anti-Corrosion Material Application
                            10-08-44-006B SEP 13 Navigation System - Reporting Missing/Inaccurate Map Data
                            13-03-10-002 SEP 13 Wheels/Tires - Vibration Diagnostic Tips
                            06-06-01-010B AUG 13 Exhaust - Close-Coupled Converter and Engine Replacement Info
                            99-09-40-005G AUG 13 Restraints - Seat Belt Extender Availability
                            10-00-89-010C JUL 13 Locks - Key Code Security Rules, Applications (Canada)
                            13-00-89-008 JUL 13 Electrical - Wiring Repair Information
                            13-00-90-001 JUN 13 Engine - 2014 Model Year Engine Oil Information
                            09-00-89-029K JUN 13 Locks - Replacement Key, Key Cutting Procedure
                            05-09-40-002G JUN 13 Restraints - Normal Seat Belt Operating Characteristics
                            07-08-49-020H JUN 13 Instruments - Odometer Programming Quick Reference
                            PI0011C MAY 13 Body - Door Latch Diagnostic Procedures
                            08-07-30-026B MAY 13 A/T - Slight Movement in PARK on Cold Start Up
                            11-00-90-001B MAY 13 Engine - dexos 1(R) and dexos 2(R) Oil Specs/Information
                            03-08-48-006I MAY 13 A/C - Window Defroster Contact/Tab Repair Information
                            09-06-04-026G MAR 13 Engine Controls - Non-GM Engine/Transmission Calibration ID
                            99-08-51-001C FEB 13 Body - Paint-less Dent Repair Process
                            10-08-45-001D FEB 13 Electrical - Ground Repair Information

Comment

Working...
                            X