No announcement yet.

Chevy Duromax 3.0 V6 diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a month and less than 2200 miles driven, my mpg is 26.7 combined. I have only used 2 bars on the DEF gauge. The truck only has 6800 miles on it so it is not even broken in yet.
    No long road trips yet. No performance issues so far knock on wood.
    As far as power and response. I have only romped on it one time from a dead stop. To me it was flying in no time.
    I have not pulled any kind of trailer yet so no self review on that performance. I have the 3.73 rear end so it should do fine there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      After a month and less than 2200 miles driven, my mpg is 26.7 combined. I have only used 2 bars on the DEF gauge. The truck only has 6800 miles on it so it is not even broken in yet.

No long road trips yet. No performance issues so far knock on wood.

As far as power and response. I have only romped on it one time from a dead stop. To me it was flying in no time.

I have not pulled any kind of trailer yet so no self review on that performance. I have the 3.73 rear end so it should do fine there.
      Nice, I'm glad to hear you're liking your truck and the fuel mileage is awesome. Is it a 2WD or 4X4? What trim package?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Nice, I'm glad to hear you're liking your truck and the fuel mileage is awesome. Is it a 2WD or 4X4? What trim package?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
        Thanks, Its a LT Z71 4 x4 Texas edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          How much difference in cost were you factoring in? The diesel option is the same upgrade cost as the 6.2L gasser over the 5.3L.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll have to go back and look. If I remember right it was something like $3500-$5000. And the 6.2 didn’t come into the equation for fuel savings for me because it gets worse fuel economy than the 5.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure on the actual mileage but I barrowed my pastor’s GMC 1500 4x4 with 8k miles to drive to Arkansas. From Crockett to Rodgers it only used 3/4 tank of fuel. Rides good & seems to have plenty of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              I’ll have to go back and look. If I remember right it was something like $3500-$5000. And the 6.2 didn’t come into the equation for fuel savings for me because it gets worse fuel economy than the 5.3.

My point was it’s not a huge premium for the diesel. Less than $2k if I recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

That has not been my experience. My 6.2 gets about 1 MPG better than my 5.3 did.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                  That has not been my experience. My 6.2 gets about 1 MPG better than my 5.3 did.
                  Based on the Chevy published numbers, only the 5.3 Trail boss got worse fuel mileage than the 6.2. The other 5.3s get the same or better than the 6.2(based on their published numbers).

Driving tendencies are a huge factor. MPGs start dropping pretty fast over 75. I have a 5.3 RST crew cab 4x4 and get 19-22mpg per tank while typically driving 85+ on the highway in town. I doubt I would get the same or better than that in the 6.2.

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  My point was it’s not a huge premium for the diesel. Less than $2k if I recall.

It was definitely more than $2k difference when I was shopping in April. Like I said, I’ll have to look it up.

Listen, if you want the diesel-get it. But you’re probably not gonna make up the cost difference for a long time, if ever. Especially when diesel is more expensive than gas like now.

Comment

Bumping this back up. Anyone having the long crank/no crank issue with their 3.0 Duramax?

Comment

Bump for updates.

Comment

I am at 35300 miles and still no issues with no crank"knock on wood". I drive 5+ mostly on the highway and my MPG is 25.7

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          Bumping this back up. Anyone having the long crank/no crank issue with their 3.0 Duramax?
                          If you are. There is a fix for it. Take it to the dealership

Comment

Great information here, thanks to everyone for insight! We will be ordering a Z71 Suburban for my wife this year. Going back and forth between the 6.2 and the 3.0 Duramax diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_J View Post
                              Great information here, thanks to everyone for insight! We will be ordering a Z71 Suburban for my wife this year. Going back and forth between the 6.2 and the 3.0 Duramax diesel.

I’m pretty sure the 3.0 duramax isn’t available in z71 tahoes/suburban s…
                              Recently ordered my wife a Yukon Denali xl and it was $1500 cheaper with the diesel than getting it with the 6.2… 6.2 “requires” premium gas so that puts you at pretty much the same price for fuel as diesel..

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                                I’m pretty sure the 3.0 duramax isn’t available in z71 tahoes/suburban s…
                                Recently ordered my wife a Yukon Denali xl and it was $1500 cheaper with the diesel than getting it with the 6.2… 6.2 “requires” premium gas so that puts you at pretty much the same price for fuel as diesel..

We haven’t gotten that far in the process but it looks like you a correct after a quick look on the Chevrolet website.

Comment

Working...
                                X