Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill give you my 02 cents

i had a 95z and an 03 Z
    by far the worst trans out there were the chevys.... After my 3rd rebuild I finally broke down and paid to have a factory gm trans installed with the stock torque converter. It was waaay better and longer lasting than any of these mom n pop shops. You get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Couple of things. Make sure they swap out the torque converter and make sure they get all the old fluid out of all the lines and the cooler. This should be VERY minimal amount of fluid but if it has metal shavings in it then it can tear us the new transmission. Also as mentioned before I would go with an aftermarket cooler.

I appreciate all of your feedback. This truck is not worked hard in any way. He does not tow, no off roading, he does have a bit of a heavy foot but didn’t we all at 21 years old? The truck sees 90% highway between Weatherford and fort worth as a daily driver and the rest just running around town.

There is no reason at 32k miles it should be doing this. I also see no need for an external cooler.

And lastly I’m not sinking a lot of $$ or modifications into a truck this old with 330k miles on it. Im sure shortly after he gets his student loans paid off this summer he will be looking to sell this one and upgrade to a newer model with less miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Sounds like you need a better shop. Yes, issues arise from time to time. But 2 visits and multiple issues following is poor workmanship in my opinion.

The GM Serta units are good. With 100k mile warranty. Jasper offers similar warranty, but are hit and miss.

A good transmission shop will have decent warranty and supports the local guy.

No doubt. The transmission shop was recommended by my personal
        mechanic whom has done nothing but good for me.

But yes I am done with them. We used to live in Arlington so that’s why we used that transmission shop but now that we are in the Weatherford area I’m looking for someone local.

Comment

I would use Phoenix

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I appreciate all of your feedback. This truck is not worked hard in any way. He does not tow, no off roading, he does have a bit of a heavy foot but didn’t we all at 21 years old? The truck sees 90% highway between Weatherford and fort worth as a daily driver and the rest just running around town.

There is no reason at 32k miles it should be doing this. I also see no need for an external cooler.

And lastly I’m not sinking a lot of $$ or modifications into a truck this old with 330k miles on it. Im sure shortly after he gets his student loans paid off this summer he will be looking to sell this one and upgrade to a newer model with less miles.

Agreed that an external cooler is NOT needed for a stock aplication IF the factory cooler working properly.

Comment

Mike's trick shift will get it done and build it the way you want it.

I used to live in cleburne and had a couple rebuilt down their by johnsons transmission that were just stock rebuilds
              Last edited by mooney_ag; 06-11-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X