No announcement yet.

270 with muzzlebreak question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of my kids have grown up shooting a Remington 700 in 270 with a fixed muzzle break and it is terribly loud. It is wonderfully accurate with very little recoil but if you shoot it without ear protection you'll regret it.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here ,youngest daughter has been shooting a 7MM since age 12. Very accurate with no recoil. Ear protection required. It will make your head hurt ,not just ring your ears but hurt.

Comment

Like others have said.....you will need ear pro any time you shoot it. I’ve got a browning 270 with a break and it’s loud.....especially if you don’t get the barrel wayyy out of a deer stand

Comment

Why a muzzle break on a .270?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            I can’t speak for everyone else but the buddy I mentioned earlier has it for his 7 year old son. That kids a killer already.

Comment

I won't have a break on any rifle. I rather it kick the crap out of me than cause me to go deaf

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                I won't have a break on any rifle. I rather it kick the crap out of me than cause me to go deaf
                x2

Comment

The .270 I shot with a muzzle break on it wasn't too bad really. If you're standing off to the side it is but laying behind it wasn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    I don't really think its necessary either for a 270. In this case the owner was older had some physical disabilities.

Comment

As mentioned above you'll want hearing protection. Had a .270 built 20 something years ago and muzzle breaks were part of the package. I wish I would have never had it installed. I carry ear plugs when hunting with it.

Comment

You will need hearing protection for sure. I wouldn't want a brake on a hunting rifle, especially something that is not removable.

Comment

I have one on my .270 and don’t use hearing protection y’all need to toughen up

Comment

I took the BOSS muzzle break off my Browning A-bolt 270 & it’s by far more tolerable to shoot & still accurate

Comment

Yes very loud. I installed one in my 308 and didn’t wear ear protection the first time I used it afield. And well....... I thought I went deaf. Everything sounded muffled for a few hours. Wear the protection in the field if you’re using a break.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I defer to you guys who know more about firearms than myself- I learn a lot on this TBH forum.

My experience with a 7mm Rem Mag Tikka Hunter (6+pounds) is a Sims AirTech recoil pad took all the recoil ‘pain’ away. I shot 30 rounds wearing a t-shirt and my son was surprised my shoulder wasn’t beat-up. I put one on my DIL’s 7mm Browning and she said it’s a night and day improvement.

If you’re looking to reduce recoil, I’d try that for $30. If you’re asking if you should purchase the rifle- that’s a different question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X