Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I've got 50 bags to plant
    Wow. I broadcast about 100 lbs+ per acre. Glad I only have 3-4 acres to plant

I also mix elbon rye and wheat. I have tried all the oats and generally get enough to draw deer in, but will go with seed oats or buck forage oats if it is available.
    And fertilize later. Trying to get my plots limed soon. If not right now it should help later. Put a cage in each plot to actually gauge the grown. You will be amazed how much the deer mow down.

Love the plot photos. Nice buck.
    Good luck and it is addicting!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Maybe some free shipping via “Heath express”??

I’ve got another spot I could plow and plant to try them out.
      Guess not, I’ll try to get up there and get some.

Comment

Guess not, I’ll try to get up there and get some.

Man, I’m sorry I missed your post. I was actually planning on going tomorrow on my way to ranch but had a break in schedule and ran up there this morning. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          I trust that he's actually done the research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23CNu5T0cow

You can also trust that he’s pimping his product [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            Man, I’m sorry I missed your post. I was actually planning on going tomorrow on my way to ranch but had a break in schedule and ran up there this morning. My bad.
            No big deal man I should have pm you, I’ll try to get up there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
              You can also trust that he’s pimping his product [emoji23]

If you have a hunting related product you’ve spent 19 years developing, I’d be dang glad to hear about it.

Everyone that’s worth their salt, pimps their “product” every day.

Comment

We have a very high deer densities. I have about 10 acres to plant this Saturday with 300 lbs of fertilizer per acre. Will re- fertilize when I see it turning yellow with a fertilizer higher in nitrate. Usually lime every 3 year's depends on the soil test. Something I will broadcast Turnipseed over the top.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    We have a very high deer densities. I have about 10 acres to plant this Saturday with 300 lbs of fertilizer per acre. Will re- fertilize when I see it turning yellow with a fertilizer higher in nitrate. Usually lime every 3 year's depends on the soil test. Something I will broadcast Turnipseed over the top.
                    Didn’t you watch the video, turnip as well as rape is a waste of money but come to think of it I do remeber reading a couple threads in recent yrs where guys have had fields of turnips that they don’t think were touched and ended up plowing them under. I planted a good bit of turnips this yr mixed in with my oats and wheat. I guess I’ll see what gets eaten first.

Comment

Very Nice plots FND.

I planted the about same time but used the Evolved Harvest 25lb bag on a small plot. Added another small throw and grow to the mix as well as 50lbs of oats, rye, and peas.
                      I disked where we gave the cows hay all last season in the far back of the property. All that decomposed hay a cow poo made some great soil.

Three days after planting i had a serious plot coming up. This was day 3

And this was day 5

Comment

Planted pennington oats 2 days ago, looks like the hogs aren't going to give it a chance to germinate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          If you have a hunting related product you’ve spent 19 years developing, I’d be dang glad to hear about it.

Everyone that’s worth their salt, pimps their “product” every day.

He’s spouting off a bunch of bs in that video. Turnips kill your deer? Give me a break

Comment

Didn’t you watch the video, turnip as well as rape is a waste of money but come to think of it I do remeber reading a couple threads in recent yrs where guys have had fields of turnips that they don’t think were touched and ended up plowing them under. I planted a good bit of turnips this yr mixed in with my oats and wheat. I guess I’ll see what gets eaten first.
                            Not where I hunt they eat them very well later in the season. But if you put too many out the foliage will cover up your oats. A little goes a long ways

Comment

You will have excellent results with PlotSpike Forage Oats from Tractor Supply. $25 for 50lbs. Half the cost of Buck Forage oats. I had great results with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Warrior View Post
                                You will have excellent results with PlotSpike Forage Oats from Tractor Supply. $25 for 50lbs. Half the cost of Buck Forage oats. I had great results with them.
                                BuckForage has been found for $25-$28.

Comment

Working...
                                X