Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Target Shooting in Mexico CAMPO DE TIRO (A Mexican gun range)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    Maybe that's because he didn't go.
    Never miss an opportunity, do you?

Comment

that's actually a Metallic Silhouette Shooting Club... rimfire, high-power, and pistol are used depending on the firearm classification. This sport actually started in Mexico. The targets used are rams, turkeys, pigs, and chickens, which are cut to different scales and set at certain distances from the shooter depending on the specific discipline. Rifle shooters stand up and tuck their arms in close to their body for added rifle stability & support.

During the 1980's IHMSA (handgun shooting) was HUGE all over the US. The position of laying on your back, feel flat on the ground, and knees bent allowed the most stable platform. This position is called Creedmoor which is where the 6.5CM name derived from. Also 99% of the IHMSA shooters either used a Thompson Center or XP-100 single shot pistol. The 7BR and 30 Herrett were 2 of the most popular cartridges used.

Winnsboro, LA has been a regular host of the small bore (rimfire) Silhouette State, National, and World Championships

Mark Pharr (gunsmith in Round Rock , Tumbleweeds) is one of the best Silhouette shooters in the world !!

central TX club
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRH-fQ01u9o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRH-fQ01u9o[/ame]
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-14-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        Never miss an opportunity, do you?
        LMAO you apologize to the guy who links you to reading comprehension classes.

Have a beer, bro. You'll be more fun that way!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          LMAO you apologize to the guy who links you to reading comprehension classes.

Have a beer, bro. You'll be more fun that way!
          I responded to M16s post because I found it funny and because I DO have the ability to laugh at myself when appropriate, unlike some people.

If you perceived my response as anything but jovial, then you are mistaken. This makes my head hurt! I'm having deja vu … Lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            that's actually a Metallic Silhouette Shooting Club... rimfire, high-power, and pistol are used depending on the firearm classification. This sport actually started in Mexico. The targets used are rams, turkeys, pigs, and chickens, which are cut to different scales and set at certain distances from the shooter depending on the specific discipline. Rifle shooters stand up and tuck their arms in close to their body for added rifle stability & support.

During the 1980's IHMSA (handgun shooting) was HUGE all over the US. The position of laying on your back, feel flat on the ground, and knees bent allowed the most stable platform. This position is called Creedmoor which is where the 6.5CM name derived from. Also 99% of the IHMSA shooters either used a Thompson Center or XP-100 single shot pistol. The 7BR and 30 Herrett were 2 of the most popular cartridges used.

Winnsboro, LA has been a regular host of the small bore (rimfire) Silhouette State, National, and World Championships

Mark Pharr (gunsmith in Round Rock , Tumbleweeds) is one of the best Silhouette shooters in the world !!

central TX club
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRH-fQ01u9o
            Woah! I didn't even realize this was a "thing". Thanks for the enlightenment, Blake

Comment

Working...
            X