Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh heck I should read a little better

Comment

I remember as a kid leaning on an electric fence to pet a horse.
      Now I know whom to blame.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So why exactly did half your plot not come up? Did you test you soil?? Just can’t undersand why half your plot didn’t come up.
        Maybe you didn’t put in enough seed.

Comment

No he didn't

Comment

Seriously, mine look about the same and I think I planted about the same time. Feed store only had whole oats and whole wheat but it seems to be coming up well so far. I also added some purple top turnips and some fall seed mix. Just hope it brings in some deer. Yours seems to be working pretty well already.
            With all the rain it should be a productive spot.

Comment

I've always noticed that the shady side seems to do better in the early fall

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                I've always noticed that the shady side seems to do better in the early fall
                Agree

Comment

Wow looks good. Caught the rain at the right time.

Comment

Looks good Jeff. Should be good with all this rain. Next time you go up fertilize with triple 13 before a rain and it will really pop. JMHO you get what you pay for. Typically, the more expensive brands (pennington, Turner, etc.) do better. I am fairly new in the plot game and used to use just basic seed oats. Always seemed that I had to put twice as much down and they still were half azz plots?? Good luck and looks like you have a good spot for opener. They do love the fresh sprouts...

Comment

Lol y’all! When I finish that one plot, I will add in chickoree and a bag of the Fall Mix. I know nothing about chickoree but the Buck Forage oats guy gave me some. So I’ll use it.

Comment

We've planted it every year for the last six or so years. You won't notice the difference between it and regular or oats until it grows for a while. My brother in law wouldn't spend the money on it the first couple of years. After the second year he couldn't figure out why his was a foot tall and mine was mowed to the ground and still going strong. He's been planting it ever since.

Comment

Just a heads up- army worms are BAD right now they will destroy that plot in 3-4 days. IF you can check it and find them 7 dust for you application will work. They love new fall growth

Plot looks great by the way��

Comment

Where do you get buck forage oats? What’s the price per bag? 40 or 50#

Comment

I’m planting oats this year. I have wheat to my north and south fence. Last year I planted Turners Fall mix abs it had a lot of wheat in it so I’m looking for something different for them. It also had turnips and they didn’t touch them.

My buddy Huntmaster said he’s had great luck with Buck Forage Oats, so I’m trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Where do you get buck forage oats? What’s the price per bag? 40 or 50#
                                I paid $25/50lb. at TTHA show. Couldn’t tell you where to get it but I’ll look around their website.

Comment

Working...
                                X