No announcement yet.

The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right there with ya. Set to leave really soon!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the occasion, and so I have a proper vessel for my "recovery" drinks after a long day... my wife made me a cup to match my bow.

Which BTW, I will be taking my Black Widow PCH 58" recurve - 50# @ 28" - on this trip. It would be wrong to bring anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck y’all! My crew will be at the house to pick up my gear tomorrow and head on in to scout a bit. I’ll be driving up Friday after work to meet them. I can’t wait and this week is crawling...

Skooter

Comment

Good luck, y'all! I'm sure it will be great!

Hope to do something similar with the Old Farts Brigade in a couple of years.

Comment

Yes it would Scott, yes it would! I’m dying for you to try some green “rit “ dye, or lime green koolaid on those arrows and see if it’ll take? Green wood grain arrows! Those would be a Scott special!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              Good luck!! What area y’all headed to?

Somewhere in Colorado... Somewhere that has OTC tags...

If the hunting sucks, I will tell you. If we kill something... I'll still tell you... but probably will lie about it

But in all seriousness, since it is public land DIY, we'll stick to the time honored tradition of not advertising the area out on an open forum.

Comment

I plan to follow along on the journey! Prayers for a safe and successful trip! Look forward to the updates.

Comment

Hobble... think you got me confused with somebody else! Can’t speak for Ryan? But, for this trip, I’m hoping you’re dead on! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Success does not always mean a dead critter

Good luck to all

Been too many years since I hunted an elk, need to get my act together and remedy that

Comment

Good luck! Safe travels!

Comment

Been up since 5 and about to get leg day started. Gotta be ready for that pack out!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          Been up since 5 and about to get leg day started. Gotta be ready for that pack out!!
                          Right there with ya.

Comment

Best of luck to y'all. Did a drop camp in the San Juan Mountains in 2014. Didn't see a thing but was one of my best hunts with my son. The horseback ride up the mountain and the snow. I'll just say, something happens to a man at 10,000 ft. We will be headed to the Bitterroots in November.

Comment

Hope y'all have a great trip. I've done 3 elk hunts and still don't have an elk, but all 3 trips were great.

Comment

Sounds like yall have a great crew put together. It'll be a blast, the scenery alone is worth the trip. The vastness of the land is almost overwhelming at first. The only advice I have is after about the 3rd day of hunting, find the thickest hardest to reach area and go there! Once the pressure was on, the Elk we were after headed to the thick stuff in the bottom of the valleys.
                                Those Mule Deer tags will probably come in handy. When we did our DIY Elk hunt (without any mule deer tags), we were all over Mule Deer. Could have shot several nice bucks! We saw Elk on several occasions just couldn't make it happen. Best hunting trip I've ever been on. Yall will have a blast for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X