22WMR / 22 Mag Rifle Reviews Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
    don’t get a remington 597 22mag they are junk won’t cycle half the time and some times just goes clunk when you pull the trigger
    I have heard this before.

Comment

I shoot a Marlin 925M and it's one of my favorite rifles. It's nothing fancy but I can put a 40gr hollowpoint into the mouth of an empty pop can at 100 yards with it. I've killed a ton of varmints with that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
        don’t get a remington 597 22mag they are junk won’t cycle half the time and some times just goes clunk when you pull the trigger
        No argument, But the one I have has performed flawlessly and is Purty Dang accurate. Have fired 5-600 rounds through it.
        A cleaning occasionally may be the secret. ????

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
          No argument, But the one I have has performed flawlessly and is Purty Dang accurate. Have fired 5-600 rounds through it.
          A cleaning occasionally may be the secret. ????
          nope i’ve tried everything it did it from day one
          shimmed the main spring and everything.
          i sat on hold with remington multiple times to talk to someone and never even got to talk to a live person finally just gave up
          it will shoot the cheap standard 22mag ammo ok most of the time now but any of the better stuff no go !

Comment

Love my cz 22mag bolt gun. Sweet shooter and good lookin as well.

Comment

Has anyone handled and shot the Kel-Tec CMR?

Comment

I've also heard the 597's are a roll of the dice. I had one in 22LR and it I din't care for it as much as my viper and older marlin tube fed guns. Probably stay away from a 597 altogether unless I find a good deal on a cheap one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  22 Mag is one of my favorite calibers. I shoot the Ruger Single Nine for bobcats when hunting with hounds and when calling fox. I shot a couple of episodes of calling fox that we aired on CARNIVORE and viewers really liked them.
                  I am shooting the stock iron sights which are fiber optics. If I can get a good rest off my knee, I can consistently kill a gray fox out to 40 yards. The Kel Techs are great and lots of fun to shoot but I am not as accurate with it as I am the Single Nine. The Ruger is possibly the best made of the 22 Mags.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  This pistol has also crossed my mind. I may have to go put my hands on one and see how she feels

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    I got my PMR-30 thinking it was the greatest thing ever. 30 rounds is nice. It’s a blast to shoot and pretty dang accurate. It is freaking loud though!

I have. Henry Lever Action, the base model 22wmr. Put fiber optic sights in it and it is accurate enough to hit whatever I aim at. Have shot a few pigs near 100 yards.

If you’re into Bolt Guns, CZ is at the top of the list.

Ruger American Rimfire is worth looking into. I enjoy my Marlins though.
                    I love CZ but I'm looking at the semi auto CZ model 512 if I go towards them

Comment

I'd like to get me a Volquartsen 10/22 magnum someday. From what I hear they're top of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        I'd like to get me a Volquartsen 10/22 magnum someday. From what I hear they're top of the line.
                        I have one I bought from Blake...it was a pistol but I SBR'd it. 12"bbl with a suppressor is going to make a heck of little truck gun. I plan to start testing ammo soon.

Clark makes a top shelf gun as well.

Comment

For a pistol, if you can find an AMT Automag 22mag (they don't make them anymore), they make a great truck gun as they are stainless steel so rust etc. is not an issue for the most part.

For a rifle, if you can find a Heckler & Koch Model 300 22 mag, they are one of the finest shooting 22 mag rifles out there. They were part of the import ban so you will only find them on the used market like Gunbroker etc. and they sell for a premium.

Comment

22 mag is one of my Favorite calibers. Have several rifles including semi auto, Pumps and a Browning A Bolt in 22 Mag. Have Ruger, Smith in 22 mag only and an Auto-Mag. All are good. The 597 is my go to pickup gun But I may have just gotten a good one. 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DOC how long have you had your 597 ?
                              i think i got mine right when remington was really letting their QC go the heck
                              it’s really a shame remington let itself get into so much trouble. they were always my go to hunting guns !

Comment

I bought a Henry from someone on here, can’t remember who, but I love it. It’s much more accurate than the 9422M I used to own. Better trigger too.

Comment

Working...
                                X