A hypothetical for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    If my choice is buy property or start a business, I would pick buy a property. However, I personally have other things much higher on my list than those two things that I would pick over those.
    agree

Comment

At my age, property.

Comment

I sold off some investment properties. I finally had enough to buy my dream place or to reinvest it in more real estate or stocks. Much like the situation you described.

I chose to buy the property because owning my own place has always been my dream.

Could I have retired earlier? Sure. But I don't hate working as much as I love having my own place.

Would the ROI be higher on investments? Depends on if you're looking at returns on paper or returns on how it feels pulling in your own gate!

Comment

I would do a few things to the home I currently have that would add value, I would buy a new boat and then invest the remainder.

Comment

$300k....Im retiring, to the lake and make money guide fishing.
            .................... ^^^property^^^ ^^^self employed^^^..................
            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 05-22-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Some of y'all are have trouble grasping the OP's question.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                I sold off some investment properties. I finally had enough to buy my dream place or to reinvest it in more real estate or stocks. Much like the situation you described.

I chose to buy the property because owning my own place has always been my dream.

Could I have retired earlier? Sure. But I don't hate working as much as I love having my own place.

Would the ROI be higher on investments? Depends on if you're looking at returns on paper or returns on how it feels pulling in your own gate!
                This is good.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Some of y'all are have trouble grasping the OP's question.

Comment

Tithe and start a business but mine would be in real estate so it could go either way.

Comment

I would start a business. I would love to have a large property, but I can get a dang good lease and have access to great properties. It’s a real personal question to me. Just really depends all on what YOU want. I’m perfectly fine with leasing property to hunt.

I’m starting a business or investing the big chunk of cash, but probably holding back 50-100K, just to keep accessible.

Comment

My caveat to the OP on the property purchase is, what'll the annual expenses be on that and can you continue to afford it in the long run?

Write out your pros and cons as well as you can on the expenses on each and see where you land. Part of this would be an emotional decision, but it needs to be logical at the same time. I.e. I could buy a big nice ranch now, but I couldn't afford the upkeep, equipment and taxes on it without working so much I couldnt enjoy it.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

I'm in the process of starting a new business and getting my app/software built. I'd get what is slated for release in version 2 now with the 300k.

I'm a bet on myself kinda guy. If you want to start a business and believe you can be successful (not just a pipe dream) then bet on yourself, make a butt load more than 300k and buy a bigger chunk of land.

Comment

easy, cocaine and hookers. Never tried either.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            Invest it and retire that much earlier
                            This

Comment

Property.

Comment

Purchase rental property, or raw land and build cabins to rent out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X