Renting out a smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting out a smoker

I have a large bbq pit smoker that I am looking to start renting out for parties/weddings etc. I was wondering if anyone has any experience renting one out, looking for some info such as insurance, rates, past experience? Any insight is appreciated!

I just loan mine for free.

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
      I have a large bbq pit smoker that I am looking to start renting out for parties/weddings etc. I was wondering if anyone has any experience renting one out, looking for some info such as insurance, rates, past experience? Any insight is appreciated!
      Originally posted by wow View Post
      I’ll be calling WOW first.

Comment

Not catering, just renting? Ive loaned mine out a few times and end up getting it back with charcoal remnants and a lighter fluid smell. I wouldnt unless you dont care about the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
          Not catering, just renting? Ive loaned mine out a few times and end up getting it back with charcoal remnants and a lighter fluid smell. I wouldnt unless you dont care about the pit.
          This^^^^^ Also lots of fat drippings in the bottom. Enough up front and it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
            Yes just renting, I have loaned it out many times and had the same results so I would definitely have a cleaning fee if it is retuned in that condition. I only use the pit maybe once a year and loan it out 3 or 4 times a year other than that it just sits there so I would like to make some extra money if I can. Here is a pic right after I built it back in 2012. Looks the same only the paint is faded some.
            Attached Files

Comment

Good lookin rig, good luck with the venture.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you have it insured for replacement value. A lot of pork butts and someone trying to cook too hot can result in one bad azz grease fire. I’ve seen it happen more than once. And the first thing everyone does is run right over and open all the doors......wrong. I have a big 500 gallon on a trailer and there is no way I’d rent it out to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                  Make sure you have it insured for replacement value. A lot of pork butts and someone trying to cook too hot can result in one bad azz grease fire. I’ve seen it happen more than once. And the first thing everyone does is run right over and open all the doors......wrong. I have a big 500 gallon on a trailer and there is no way I’d rent it out to the general public.
                  I am defiantly going to insure it but it is registered as a home built since I built it myself so I’m not sure how hard it’s going to be to get insurance just yet..

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
                    Yes just renting, I have loaned it out many times and had the same results so I would definitely have a cleaning fee if it is retuned in that condition. I only use the pit maybe once a year and loan it out 3 or 4 times a year other than that it just sits there so I would like to make some extra money if I can. Here is a pic right after I built it back in 2012. Looks the same only the paint is faded some.
                    Is that Texas A&M Kingsville? Spent four great years there. Class of '94.

Comment

That is TAMUK! Class of 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                        Is that Texas A&M Kingsville? Spent four great years there. Class of '94.
                        Yes sir it is.

Comment

TAMUK 01!! My ok stompin grounds!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                            I'd borrow this one and rent it out as well.

Won't be long you'll have a whole fleet.

Comment

Bump for any other info

Comment

Working...
                              X