Red Flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Flashlight

I usually use a white flashlight when walking to my stand. I won't walk in the dark because too many spider webs to deal with in the brush. I've been looking at the red flashlights or perhaps headlamp with red light. I'm not concerned about night vision since I can't pull trigger before its actually light. Does the red work better for not spooking deer? Thanks.

I just walk in the dark let my eyes adjust. And wear goggles for the webs

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I use green instead of red. I just buy those cheap cap lights from Academy and replace them as the batteries go bad.

I have walked up to many of pigs and a few deer with the green light.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I just walk in the dark let my eyes adjust. And wear goggles for the webs

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Please post selfie of this

Comment

I just go after daylight and leave before dark

Comment

Yes I use a red light and the deer do not mind it I have actually walked up to many deer walking to the stand with a red light. I have walked up on good bucks within 30 yards and they don’t pay me any mind as long as they aren’t down wind.

Comment

I was actually looking at that one today

Comment

!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  I use green instead of red. I just buy those cheap cap lights from Academy and replace them as the batteries go bad.

I have walked up to many of pigs and a few deer with the green light.
                  Same here, go green.

Comment

Either red or green are effective. Much more effective than a flashlight "blazing" white light everywhere.

Comment

I use the red light on my head lamp. It also kept moths from getting attracted to my light. As soon as I would turn on the white light the moths started flying around my head.

Comment

Red and green are better but you can get by with white light or spook animals with the red/green. Just don't flash any light you use around making moving shadows, keep all lights low and close and you can get by with a lot. I use a light also I'd heck of a lot rather scare critters off than to walk into one of them big+*^ #^*%#%+*^^*+*^*#%+*^ spider webs!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                          I use the red light on my head lamp. It also kept moths from getting attracted to my light. As soon as I would turn on the white light the moths started flying around my head.
                          Red works better In my opinion Our many hog hunting nights I have tried both and watched the difference.
                          I prefer to Use a headlamp.

Comment

I use this and it rocks. The problem for me with most red lights were they just weren’t bright enough. This one solved that problem. Zebralight H502r Red AA Flood Headlamp

Comment

Working...
                            X