Suppressed vs. Unsuppressed Velocity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
    Thanks for sharing! And I'll echo John316's question. I'm going to pick my suppressor up this afternoon and I want to know what I'm in for!
    Congrats! Wish it was easier but when you use em...They are worth the wait!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My POI did not shift that much shooting suppresed. 1/2" at most on my 308. Like stated above it will shift

Comment

Suppressed vs. Unsuppressed Velocity

Originally posted by John316 View Post
        Did you notice much change in point of impact, with / without suppressor?
        In this case it was about 2-1/2” low and right at 100 yds. with the can. Consistently through multiple removals and replacements of my Rugged Razor 7.62 with a quick disconnect system.

Comment

Try again in the summer! Mine has really varied.

I have had a couple rifles not like the can at all. Lighter barreled hunting rigs.

Dang good data table though. Looking forward to more!

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
            There will be a shift in POI. How much depends on several things. Your barrel contour, length of barrel, caliber, which can you’re running, etc. Two of the same rifles with the same suppressors side by side may have differently POI changes. If you’re running a good setup, this shift should be repeatable though. I run an Omega direct thread on multiple rifles. They’re all zeroed with the suppressor, and I have no issues with POI shift when swapping the can back and forth. I can’t remember what my actual shifts were prior to zero (it’s written down somewhere), but they were all low. Roughly somewhere between 2-4”~ at 100 yds on average if I remember correctly.
            I run the same setup and have identical results

Comment

Working...
            X