No announcement yet.

Best Crossbow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a cheap Barnett, it was less than $300, it groups great out to 50 yards, have not shot it further than that

Comment

I’ve got a ten point stealth that I’ve had for 4 years and never had a problem with it, shoots great and stupid fast.

Comment

Bear Saga- Great company. Great founder. Great bow(s). The Saga is advertised at 405 FPS but it's actually closer to 395, which is still pretty swift.

Comment

Excalibur. Lifetime warranty. Recurve so you can change your own string and decock without firing a bolt. I have the matrix 330.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
            Get a center point sniper 370. Great crossbow for under $300. Daughter and grandson both have one and they love them. Good quality crossbows that perform as good as the higher end ones but won't break the bank or let you down

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ten point makes some great crossbows. They also make wicked ridge. We've used wicked ridge for several years, no complaints. Good crossbows without quite as high of price tag.

Comment

We have 3 crossbows my wife and son shoot. Two centerpoint sniper 370's and a wicked ridge warrior g3. The snipers are super fast and very deadly. They have a long heavy trigger pull but still shoot very accurately. The wicked ridge isn't nearly as fast for double the price but does have a way better trigger. My wife and son will shoot the snipers over the wicked ridge all day. You can't go wrong with the sniper 370 for around $250. Best crossbow for the money hands down!

Comment

I bought a centerpoint sniper and shot very good at the range, but missed several animals. The next year I bought a Mission Sub 1 and it is a shooter. Have killed many hogs and a coyote with it. I think Hogslayer hit it on the head with the trigger on the centerpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                    I bought a centerpoint sniper and shot very good at the range, but missed several animals. The next year I bought a Mission Sub 1 and it is a shooter. Have killed many hogs and a coyote with it. I think Hogslayer hit it on the head with the trigger on the centerpoint.
                    Not sure I'd blame the misses on the crossbow.

My boys shoot a Bear Torrix FFL and it does have a long trigger pull but it's really accurate, even with kids shooting it.

Comment

Lot's of great crossbows out there - and they get better every year.

I also really like Wicked Ridge crossbows from Ten Point. These seem like a really good way to get a Ten Point crossbow at an 'economy' price. I hunt with an Invader and have no real complaints with it. Great trigger. It has performed flawlessly in the 3 years I've hunted with it and the 6 deer it has accounted for.

One thing, as consumers, we each have to decide on is - Chinese products.

I'm pretty sure that all the lower price crossbows are coming from China. My first crossbow was an inexpensive PSE, that I'm sure was made in China. Nothing really wrong with it, but when I was able to start hunting a lot with a crossbow I realized it was worth it to me, to get something a lot better (hence the Invader). No regret with that choice.

I do feel like a good trigger allows me to shoot better & quicker. I'll pay more for a good trigger and I sure don't want a bow that is heavier, wider or louder than average either.

Bowhunting is my favorite hobby so it isn't hard to justify spending a little more for a bow/brand that I have complete confidence in. I'm sure I'll replace the Invader some day. I'm sure I'll shop the Chinese crossbows, but wouldn't be a bit surprised to end up with a newer Wicked Ridge anyway.

Comment

I might add, that when I do shop for a new bow, limb width will be a factor too. I hunted out of blinds more this year than ever and I did kind of wish for a more narrow bow, while my Invader is probably average in width.

Excalibur certainly makes good stuff, but they pretty much can't offer a recurve crossbow that'll be as narrow as a compound, if that matters to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X