Arrow Building Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Building Tools

What are the must-have tools for building your own arrows?

So far I have:

Arrow saw
    Arrow squaring device
    Fletching tool
    Arrow deburr tool
    Arrow spinner
    Scale
    Insert glue / fletching glue (are these the same??)

Insert glue usually comes with the inserts, it’s a two part epoxy.

Fletching glue is different, essentially super glue. I use the Gorillas glue that has the brush, makes it much easier to apply.

List looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      Insert glue usually comes with the inserts, it’s a two part epoxy.

Fletching glue is different, essentially super glue. I use the Gorillas glue that has the brush, makes it much easier to apply.

List looks good.

Thanks for the quick response! I bought the titanium outserts for my Easton FMJ Injexions and they did not come with epoxy. Also, any difference in tool selection between FMJ’s and carbon arrows?

Comment

I use hot melt for inserts . But some people don't like it.

Comment

In for this, I always think about making my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
            In for this, I always think about making my own.
            Same here.

Curious on where to get quality carbon shafts. Seeing this thread, I did a quick search and see some on ebay. But not sure if I would go that route.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Same here.

Curious on where to get quality carbon shafts. Seeing this thread, I did a quick search and see some on ebay. But not sure if I would go that route.

J
              I buy my velocity 300s from the gold tip website or amazon..

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                Same here.

J
                Lancaster Archery has alot of bare shafts on their website.

Comment

Keep em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the same gorilla super glue for fletching and inserts. It’s worked fine for me. Other than that, your list looks good. I’d invest money in a good fletching jig too.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                      I use the same gorilla super glue for fletching and inserts. It’s worked fine for me. Other than that, your list looks good. I’d invest money in a good fletching jig too.

Feel free to throw out some suggestions. Lots to choose from and I’m willing to spend the money up front on good equipment. Saws, as well.

Comment

I've had great success with both Carbon Express and Pine Ridge fletching glues. For inserts I really like INSTAbond IR-1500, its a fast set adhesive impregnated with rubber with keeps the bond flexible and less prone to sheering under a shock load. For outsert or HIT types anchoring systems AAE 2-part slow cure is the best option. The are several options on saws but I have literally cut thousands of shafts with 8,000 RPM Weston. My two preferred fletching jigs are the Arizona Mini-max and the Blitz.

Comment

Maybe I missed it. But depending on the shafts you are using, a spine location tool could be some help. Some shafts mfgs orrientate the spine according to label. Some not.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Every fletching will have a glue it likes the best. Something I learned along time ago about fletching sand glue, if you buy a primer pen it will ensure solid vane adhesion no matter the glue. Best thing I ever did in arrow building was stumble across the primer pen.

Comment

I prefer fletching tape over the glue.

Comment

Working...
                              X