X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    That's crazy. It should get better after they play TCU lol
    Every week I tell myself they can't get any worse. The Texas D keeps taking that as a challenge.

Comment

Oxford hasn’t been to good for the Ags even when they had Johnny he had to pull something out of his Azz to beat them there .

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Bama wouldn’t have won the natty in 2011 if that was the case..... would’ve been nice [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Haha. No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          No need to compare the Texas D nationally, it’s abysmal in the Big 12.

Through six games, Texas def ranks:

Big12:
          10th in total def
          10th in pass def
          10th in pass attempts
          10th in yards/play
          8th in scoring defense
          7th in sacks
          6th in TFLs
          5th in rush defense
          5th in opp 3rd down %
          5th in red zone def
          2nd in passes defended
          1st in INT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Horn’s personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
            Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Horn’s personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.
            They haven't played the same defense base to start in any of the six games this season, Too many fronts with too much going on. Orlando is starting to come across as a Manny Diaz type. Too many injuries, need to simplify and attack with speed.

As for the offense. The game plan was as dumb as I've seen called, there was nothing Mensa about it and that's all on Tom! He owned it, but I'm not sure what the Hell he was thinking to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.
              Well, that's because you've never had one loss in the playoff era to be considered

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                Well, that's because you've never had one loss in the playoff era to be considered
                EVER.

2008 comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Bama wouldn’t have won the natty in 2011 if that was the case..... would’ve been nice [emoji1787]

I hated that. Y'all basically tied with them.

Comment

I was at the A&M-Bama game on Saturday and must say that the much better team won the game. Aggies could not match Bama's speed especially at the wideouts, secondary or special teams. I have been going to games there since 1974 and will say that there is no doubt that Jimbo has them playing hard, similar to the days of Jackie Sherrill. He needs another class or two before he can compete with the likes of Alabama, Auburn and LSU. While I loved the old SWC, must admit that there is a certain magic in attending games in the SEC and glad that we made the move. Games with over 100,000 in the stands and that many more outside the stadium is crazy.
                    The Bama-LSU game should be a great one. At this time, I feel while both offenses are going to score, I give the edge to Bama's defense. All of that can change with a few key injuries like Texas is experiencing.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

I think OU is the 5th best team in the nation. Could they beat one of the top 4? Yes, but i don’t think they are better than anyone ranked ahead of them.
                      Last edited by oktx; 10-14-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        I think OU is the 5th best team in the nation. Could they beat one of the top 4? Yes, but the don’t they are better than anyone ranked ahead of them.
                        It worked for you once. Keep trying. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Who is going to beat Oklahoma in that conference is the question? Baylor isn’t that good. And probably will get rolled not once but twice by OU LSU is gonna have to go in unbeaten. Unless The Big 10 doesn’t have a unbeaten in it . You know Clemson doesn’t play anyone. But I agree LSU is definitely one of the 4 best teams in the country.
                          LSU's defense is a concern. They have the talent. But, their scheme in the first half of every game will catch up to them eventually. Alabama's defense isn't as good nor deep as it has been either.

Right now Oklahoma looks like the best team.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Paul,

Do we have new avatars?

Edit: Found it!
                            Thought I would go old school for you. Think I have only one left to pick and a few weeks for it.

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            LSU should be ranked No.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I agree!

IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.
                            That was what I thought.

I think they did get a nice Runner-Up Ring.

Comment

Co champions I’m fine with that [emoji16]

Comment

BAMA has the Third Saturday game against a Tennessee team with renewed spirit. To me the only team with a clear road in is Clemson and OU once they are ranked top four.

Comment

Working...
                                X