I missed two deer tonight ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
    Too far keemosabi��Twenty yrds or less of your a newbie.
    I've killed more deer than you can shake a stick at. It's just the first sit of the year just shaking off some rust

Comment

It happens. If you had video I wouldn’t be surprised if the second one hit the dirt. Does are pretty good at that.
      I’ve seen it a lot lately and everyone is different of course. Myself, friends and family hardly ever shoot at Texas whitetail unless they are 25 yards and under. It’s not an accuracy thing they just move so much when we slow down the video on the close shots. Especially old does.
      Mule Deer or out west is different of course.
      I’m sure you will get them next time and good luck.

Comment

I don't mind missing, I hate injuring and not recovering. Shoot some practice shots, could just be new season jitters. I will be taking a few now, thanks for the reminder Good luck next time you fling one!

Comment

Everyone has done that so just keep shooting and try to get a closer shot

Comment

You confirmed yardage with rangefinder?

Comment

I understand man! Last weekend I missed some shots as well due to bad shots/ movement of deer

Comment

20 yards or less and lots of practice.

Comment

if at all possible try to practice from the same position. I missed one because I was sitting awkwardly and the cam bumped my leg.

Comment

So what, chit happens.

Comment

It happens missed a buck this year my self

Comment

Ahh we all miss were you in southern or northern Missouri?

Comment

Heck that is why you do it. If it was a slam dunk wouldn't be the same. Hell 2 years ago I center punched a pine tree all I did was laugh. Reloaded and she came back and I was all warmed up this time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Some Indians were gatherers, ya know?

Just kidding get back after them

Comment

it happens. Get back out there and get it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
                                My setup is solid and my rages fly perfect. I shot below the first one just missed my yardage I didn't have time to range it. Second one was 25 yards and I shot right over her back. I don't know what I did on her. Oh well at least It wasn't a big buck and I did have a good night in the tree with a lot of deer moving so it was still a good night.
                                Give it a shot during day light. World of difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X