X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
    Can you say rut!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gah dawg thats a stud! What exactly are you feeding him?

Comment

I would say he is swollen.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
        Gah dawg thats a stud! What exactly are you feeding him?

Steroids

Comment

Since I'd been hunting at our farm I just checked my cameras at the lease for the first time in almost a month. Lets just say after I punched my buck tag in AnCo opening weekend my butt should've been back in Trinity during the middle of the month.

This one could haunt me for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Since I'd been hunting at our farm I just checked my cameras at the lease for the first time in almost a month. Lets just say after I punched my buck tag in AnCo opening weekend my butt should've been back in Trinity during the middle of the month.

This one could haunt me for a while.

Let’s see

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
              Let’s see

If I get 'em I'll post it. I don't want to jinx it right now though.

If I don't get him I may just post it after the season anyway.

What sucks the worst is that of all the pictures I have he showed up in broad daylight on my BIRTHDAY. I mean what kind of insulting crap is that? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                If I get 'em I'll post it. I don't want to jinx it right now though.

If I don't get him I may just post it after the season anyway.

What sucks the worst is that of all the pictures I have he showed up in broad daylight on my BIRTHDAY. I mean what kind of insulting crap is that? LOL

I'd say thats a slap in the face and punishment should be forced! My luck with me taking a few weeks of not putting pressure in my neck of the woods is when the big boys decide to come out in daylight and eat the corn thats been piling up for weeks..

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I have to admit this is the worst year I've had for food plots. Between the army worms and the floods, I've planted 2 times. They really look like crap but the fertilizer should give them a kick in the butt.

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      I have to admit this is the worst year I've had for food plots. Between the army worms and the floods, I've planted 2 times. They really look like crap but the fertilizer should give them a kick in the butt.

Same with us. We have become pretty obsessed with our food plots but we moved two leases this year and have been way behind. Our plots at home and everywhere were subpar. Like you mentioned the army worms and rain has been bad too. What’s even worse is this is the type of year a late season food plot is killer. No food & cold

Our spring/summer plots have had the most positive effect on our deer herds. Have you ever planted okra?? Or anyone?? We will most likely go with iron clay cow peas, black oil sunflowers, sun hemp and okra this year. We grow milo easily but deer don’t eat it as much as the others.

Sorry for the spring talk already. I’m not used to only having one tag left, I usually hone in on one deer and eat tag soup. Already thinking about burning, liming and planting for next year.

Comment

Glad Im not the only one with food plot issues. Ours suck! Never thought Id gripe about too much water on a fall plot. 10" of rain 24 hours after we planted did zero favors

Comment

My plot is pretty bare to , but the deer are hammering it at least 20 deer a night on it every evening and night

Comment

My cow peas lasted till a week or so ago. I broadcasted oats in to them and looks like they are doing well. Doesn’t matter though. Still tons of acorns our area.

Comment

I've tried a lot of spring plots, but with the lack of rain they really never done that good. The milo seems to head too late in the summer . I typically mow my plots down from summer around the middle of July and spray the 1st of August. I've heard okra does very well but I don't think her sandy soil would grow and very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                I've tried a lot of spring plots, but with the lack of rain they really never done that good. The milo seems to head too late in the summer . I typically mow my plots down from summer around the middle of July and spray the 1st of August. I've heard okra does very well but I don't think her sandy soil would grow and very well.

You might have a hard time keeping me out of the plot if you plant okra! But you are right it doesn't grow well in the sand.

Comment

Working...
                                X