Kisser button??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kisser button??

Who uses a kisser button? I'm thinking about adding one on my Hoyt. I'm curious if it will change my point of impact much since I've heard they "slow the string down a little". I've been shooting my defiant turbo at longer distances recently (70-90 yards) and it has shown me some little inconsistency with my anchor. I recently switched to an axcel single pin and am worried if I did add one, it would make my sight off slightly
    Last edited by BubbaHFD; 09-16-2018, 04:57 PM.

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
    Who uses a kisser button? I'm thinking about adding one on my Hoyt. I'm curious if it will change my point of impact much since I've heard they "slow the string down a little". I've been shooting my defiant turbo at longer distances recently (70-90 yards) and it has shown me some little inconsistency with my anchor. I recently switched to an axcel single pin and am worried if I did add one, it would make my sight off slightly
    Look at pictures of the top target archers at full draw, and tell us how many are using a kisser button.

Comment

I ve used one for years. If you can tell a difference it would be very minimal. I use a string nock right above it to touch the middle of my nose as well. If one is good two has to be better.

Comment

I use one made from by peer and knock thread. It’s low profile and has just enough of a bump for me to feel it at anchor

Comment

I used serving to create a knot in the string I can feel at the corner of my mouth. Help me a lot & didn’t change my poi out to 80

Comment

If you practice your anchor points, shouldn't need kisser button.

Comment

I like them. I find when in a treestand and shooting at a weird angle they just give me one more point of reference to ensure I am not messing up. I don't care that others bash them. It's my bow and my shooting I care about.

Comment

I personally put the fletching in the corner of mouth

Comment

I did starting out. I have anchor points now and have no use for one.

Comment

I still use a kisser, I’ve been using them for about 40 years. I guess it’s like a security blanket to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a kisser and no peep sight. I don't shoot long distance(maybe 40yds when practicing) and I have used one with a peep sight also. I don't think itll slow it down much if any, maybe 2fps...

Comment

I started a thread on this a while back. I went back to one this year and have enjoyed shooting it. To me they have minimal effect on velocity as they do not add a large amount to weight to a string compared to the benefit of having an extra anchor point. Consistent archery is repetition, repetition, repetition. For those of us that do not shoot every day like Competition Archers its a win-win IMO.

Comment

I have a little Serving knot on my string I touch with my nose

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
                            I personally put the fletching in the corner of mouth
                            Sounds like your draw length could be too long. Where do you anchor?

Comment

I use one and it has made a large improvement in my anchor. Like said above it helps at odd angles and when you may have a bit of buck fever. And to the folks talking about professional archers not using them I’ve never seen a tournament shot from tree stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X