Kid Gets His First Bow Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid Gets His First Bow Buck

In 2005, I was on top of the world after seeing the sonogram of our first child. They said they could see balls. What I saw was a kid that was going to be a natural. I immediately posted it up here on TBH. Those who have been around here for a while have literally watched Nathan grow up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOY(arrow)B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	25163444

The next 13 years have seemed like a blur. In that time, we have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours together in deer blinds, dove fields, stock tanks, bays, off shore, and the principal’s office. He’s caught 40+ inch redfish, killed multiple limits of doves starting at 8, shot 23 deer with a rifle (several dandies), a nubbin’ with is bow last year, and now a bow buck.

It may be hard to believe, but I never once pushed him towards the bow. I had enjoyed trading my bow for our years in heated box blinds with captain chairs! However, he’s been around so many hardcore bow hunting knuckleheads (you know who you are) his whole life, that he’s eaten up with it.

Name:	Bow.jpg
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	25163445

Name:	e Pig Shot(sm).jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	25163446

Name:	Nathan at Spwd.jpg
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	25163447

Name:	IMG_6089.JPG
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	25163448

Name:	IMG_0662 (crop) sm.jpg
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	25163449

Last year was tough on him with his bow. He lost a few we wish we could have back.

We’re blessed to have room to hunt at our house and as the season started, that’s all he wants to do – weekends and after school. With everything else going on, there’s no way I can sit in a blind every day. I told him he could hunt on his own as long as he filmed it and got the shot on video. Over the last month I’ve had to hear how hard it is to work a camera alone and get drawn on a deer. “Cry me a river, Little Man. I’ve been doing it for 20 years.”

Last Thursday while he should have been helping me get packed up for the weekend lease trip, he went to the blind and it all came together for him with a young buck. I have a still pic from the video below. He ended up spining him, which we know makes for a less than steller video. On top of that, I no longer have the knowledge to edit videos like I used to with a hi-8 camera and firewire card.

I'm proud of this young man!

Name:	Shot.jpg
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	25163450

Name:	P1180101 (2).JPG
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	25163451
    Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 11-07-2018, 10:47 PM.

That's awesome! Great write up...you have a lot to be proud of, sir well done on raising a young man with drive

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations to the young man. He’s already harvested more animals than 3/4’s of TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great read right before bed. Brings back some of my best memories. You done an outstanding job with Nathan...a great outdoorsman and all around solid young man.

Congrats Nathan! Many more to come.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Awesoeme!! Congrats to you both!!

Comment

This is just Awesome.
                Congratulations Nathan

It is crazy that he is 13, has been a fun ride watching so many kids grow up on this website. Great job

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That's awesome!! Not many kids get to grow up like that anymore. You're both blessed!!

Comment

Congratulations to Nathan!! Thanks for sharing his story.

Comment

Waydago! Congrats young man

Comment

Congrats to Nathan & to you.

Comment

Thats what Im talking about !!! Congrats to the both of you. Nothing better than spending time hunting/fishing with your kids. Congrats again.

Comment

That's awesome congrats to you both! Can't wait for my daughter to get her first deer . Keep on making memories!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X