Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if he would have been 5 and not 5.5? The lease member followed the rules. He/she should not suffer any repurcussions whatsoever. Sounds like the one with the problem is the lease boss. We’re talking about a deer. It’s not a life or death issue. Guy shot a deer he is happy with. Move on. This is silly

Sounds like such a fun place.
    Last edited by sbushee; 11-02-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I can clearly see why there may be some confusion with the rules....

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
        just kills it for me
        Can’t let it do that to you man it’s on the no kills kills list

Comment

Clear as mud...

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
            Lease drama.... The one thing I do hate about deer hunting. We (me included) have made this tradition way too complicated.
            Agreed ...... I couldn't hunt on this lease

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              If this thread is any indication there may be a communication problem

My thoughts exactly.

He WAS on the no shoot list....

He was NOT on the No shoot list....

We shoot 5.5 year olds and he was 5.5 yr old...

He was on the no shoot list...

He was NOT on the No shoot list....

Sounds like you need to get your communication down with all lease members before season and stick to them. No wavering back and forth. I run a couple leases and to me this sounds like the mistake is on you not the other member. Now this member may not fit in with yalls group and plan for the future but that’s to be determined next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a terrible place to hunt.

Comment

1. Is the person a friend or just some guy on the lease?

2. Are you hunting a very small acreage with a very low deer density per acre?

3. Has everyone stayed within the expectations as far as killing deer that are old enough, and score properly?

IMO, if this guy is anyone's friend, and you see more than one buck per outing, and everyone else has never made a mistake in terms of shooting a questionable deer, stop worrying about it. It is just one deer, and there are millions more just like it available for everyone to get a crack at.

If it was not recovered there is no way of knowing if he in fact killed the deer, or how old it really was. All deer on the hoof have potential to get better next year, or not.

Sure seems like a lot of petty jealousy and anger over something that in the bigger scheme of things really won't matter. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    Not to mention the member has shot a buck already this season that was a good buck but was not considered a trophy because we consider a trophy 130 are bigger this buck was 124 and was the biggest buck the member has ever harvested!!

So he didn’t break a rule here.
                    It sure sounds like someone is just envious that he has had some good fortune.

If the rule is 5.5 and older it sounds like he didn’t break that rule either on the buck in question.

Hunter shot one good buck that didn’t meet the Trophy rule. He is still allowed a trophy. He starts having another buck come to his feeder that is really nice and probably 5.5 and older, but no one can really know for sure since they don’t have history of him since he was born. Some of the lease members or boss decide that they need to change their rule of 5.5 and older for just this deer. Since this nice buck is coming to the feeder of the guy that already got a buck...that didn’t break any rules. This sound about right???

I would probably just stick to the rule of 5.5 and older. If you don’t like that change it to 6.5... Next Season.
                    You can’t just pick which bucks will do better at 6.5 as you go. Well you can and you have this mess.
                    Last edited by Miller; 11-02-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Is there a shoot list AND a no shoot list? Is that where the confusion of him being on/not being on the list comes from?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Well another problem is he never recovered the buck but another lease member caught wind of him shooting the buck ! And was asking since when do we shoot bucks that are not on the No Kill list ! Of course we didn’t have a clue what was going on !!

If the guys have rules as clear as your posts, I see why he shot it. Iam confused just reading them. It was on the list, but not on the list. Since when do we shoot bucks that are Not on the no kill list. If there not on the no kill list, does that not mean there shoot able , especially if it 5.5 years. I think you need to make the rules clearer, I really do.

Comment

This is why hunting is not any fun anymore .
                          Places I have hunted in the past had a set of rules
                          It was called the Texas game guide

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                            This is why hunting is not any fun anymore .
                            Places I have hunted in the past had a set of rules
                            It was called the Texas game guide
                            Nah... that's why hunting SOME places isn't fun anymore. It's all about the lease manager. Ours is a reasonable guy and pretty easy to get along with if you are reasonable as well.

Anybody who can put up with me can't be too bad, right? (Hi Jim!)

Comment

This is what happens when you have rules galore to try to grow horns. Takes a bunch of fun out of it and leads to bad communication. If you think he broke a rule and deserves being canned, do it and deal with the outcome. If everyone knew the deer was on the naughty list then the guy messed up.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 11-02-2018, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I’m confused how a member could possibly be confused, your posts are so clear, direct and to the point.

So if I’m on the lease before I can shoot a deer it has to be approved and agreed upon that the deer can be shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X