Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll Ive seen it all now....a Saltwater Karen

Comment

Maybe if you would have let loose some of those fish in all your pictures there would be more fish. The real issue is fishing pressure. There are so many more people fishing today, and there’s nothing you can do about it. There are 3 things you need to know to be successful in saltwater, when, where and how. That information is easily and readily available now, where you used to have to figure it out on your own. Fishing pressure is increasing and people are better at catching them. Not to mention the croaker soakers.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
        what does it say for our speckled trout management/pressure, that freshwater lakes(oh ivie as a recent ex) are still breaking weight records and the worst freeze on the coast in 32 yrs failed to produce dead trout 12+ lbs like the freeezes of 83/89? one could even find documentation of several 15lb+ trout found in the 83 freeze. i know with the record number of anglers targeting trout, the trophy fishery will never be as good as it was in the mid 90's to 2003/2004. i really miss catching 10-15 trt every year over 27".. i'm lucky to catch 1/2 that many now, and i hope i've gotten better over the yrs.

all good things must come to an end.. so, i'll pop a top for all you guides, the real fish killers!!!
        Are those your pics? Looks like you have done more harm to the fishery than the average Joe for sure.

Comment

Some of you would poop a brick at the limits of fish brought into the marinas in Louisiana by guide services. 25 trout and 5 reds per man happens often.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
            Some of you would poop a brick at the limits of fish brought into the marinas in Louisiana by guide services. 25 trout and 5 reds per man happens often.
            Not me. I’m for killing them. That’s why we have limits.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              The two fisheries are completely different, apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Maybe if you would have let loose some of those fish in all your pictures there would be more fish. The real issue is fishing pressure. There are so many more people fishing today, and there’s nothing you can do about it. There are 3 things you need to know to be successful in saltwater, when, where and how. That information is easily and readily available now, where you used to have to figure it out on your own. Fishing pressure is increasing and people are better at catching them. Not to mention the croaker soakers.
                Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                Are those your pics? Looks like you have done more harm to the fishery than the average Joe for sure.
                I think those are all guide pictures...

Comment

I'll ask AOC what she thinks.

Comment

Smart for the mornings mike drop- “skeeterboudKaren”

Comment

I don't care what anybody does but yea it is nothing close to what it used to be.. It is what it is.. The number of fisherman and the number of shallow water boats scarring up the bay floor, running through prime fishing water day in and day out, has played a huge part in the decline.. The big fish that are not caught are HIGHLY pressured..
                      For you fellas that are commenting that live 5, 6, 7 hours away, and haven't lived this for 30-40 years like some of us have, let me assure you that these days it is a full blown circus down here on the coast...
                      Like I said it is what it is and its only going to get worse.. I'm just glad I was here to experience our coastal fishery during the early 80's when catching numerous 28"+ trout was the norm.. In 1983, before the freeze, I caught 8 trout in one day that were 28" or better, wading Cold Pass.. I knew old salties who chunked Mirror Lures in the surf that caught stringers like that on any given day when conditions were good.. Those days are long gone..
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 02-27-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        The two fisheries are completely different, apples and oranges.
                        Can you imagine if they didn't have a 25 fish dink limit?

I've fished over that way a handful of times. When the guide gets pumped over a 22" trout it says something

But you'll never get a coon ace to agree with that. They will always say texas sucks and where's my hoop net?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
                          Humans are killing the earth. It’s literal and that simple...
                          And this is just a 100% non-debatable fact.. We do far more damage than we do good..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            In 1983, before the freeze, I caught 8 trout in one day that were 28" or better, wading Cold Pass.. I knew old salties who chunked Mirror Lures in the surf that caught stringers like that on any given day when conditions were good.. Those days are long gone..
                            I caught 5 over 25 with 3 over 30 in one day. Wayyy after 1983.

There is more pressure now than then. We had a place in matagorda and spent all the summer holidays down there. You wouldn't catch me doing that now. But, it's pretty common to see the same boats running around in circles. Cause they can't fish

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              We'll Ive seen it all now....a Saltwater Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Can you imagine if they didn't have a 25 fish dink limit?

I've fished over that way a handful of times. When the guide gets pumped over a 22" trout it says something

But you'll never get a coon ace to agree with that. They will always say texas sucks and where's my hoop net?

Honestly, if you were going fishing tomorrow, where would you rather be?

Comment

Working...
                                X