No announcement yet.

Whats something that used to make you mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial-up internet connection had multiple pain points, whether it be the patience required to load a single webpage or being kick-off by an incoming phone call.

Comment

Comment

That alarm clock sound but at least it only went off once a day. My new alarm clock has a sound of my choosing but it reminds me of stuff all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When your favorite 8 track got hung up in the player and the tape spooled out all over the place when you pulled it out.

EDIt: I see Smart had the same idea but with cassettes

Comment

Sears catalog

Comment

I forgot about going to weiners or Montgomery wards and putting school clothes on law away.

There are some good ones on here

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                being called in from outside or another room to be the remote for my Dad's TV.....especially when we got the manual slider cable box that went from 4-6 channels on the knob to 40 on the box. Next, next, next, back, next, next , back...

Or when I’d get beat for leaving the channel locks on top of the TV and dad needed them in the garage.

Comment

Using a pay phone, hitting a wrong digit on accident and paying a dime only to figure out you called the wrong number..........

Comment

Kids putting the book cards in the wrong slot in the card catalog when I was a library helper for one period during the day.

Comment

Grabbing the land line phone & pulling the rotary portion off the table when brought to your ear...one of my pet peeves were folk who kept their phone cords tangled. Some were so bad they had memory & couldn't be fixed.

Getting off the couch to change between the 3 available channels & getting out of the vehicle to open the garage makes my son laugh.

I miss having the hi/low beam switch on the floor board...

Where's burnadell...I wanna hear about what it was like before electricity!!

Comment

Heating a can of C rations with a chunk of C-4

Comment

And for the really old guys, taking the guts out of a crank telephone to make a fish catcher thingy. I heard from someone it could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            being called in from outside or another room to be the remote for my Dad's TV.....especially when we got the manual slider cable box that went from 4-6 channels on the knob to 40 on the box. Next, next, next, back, next, next , back...

We didn't have cable. We had an antenna on a tall pole. I'd have to go stand outside in the flower bed and turn it and listen to my dad yell at me from his recliner thru the window. Left, left, left, your other left. Stop! No, ****it, go back! Back! Stop! No, you missed it again. Go back the other way. The other way ****it! Stop!

And I got to go stand by the tv and turn the dial too. Click, click, click, click.

I remember when we got a tv with a remote control and a power antenna turner on the antenna pole. Shoot, happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Heating a can of C rations with a chunk of C-4
                              Just don't stomp it out when your done.

Comment

Not knowing who called when you weren't home..............no, wait .

Comment

Working...
                                X