No announcement yet.

Ground Blind Zippers - Slow or Fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why the silent method for velcro couldn't be applied to zippers as well.

Comment

I always start with the slow method, then halfway through I'm thinking this is the loudest **** thing I've ever heard, then I go fast.

Comment

Depends on how long you’ve been wanting to P

Comment

Slow with my finger on both sides on the zipper.

Comment

Rhinos dont have zippers. Hooks and buckles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The zipper, along with getting bino's and range finder out of my back pack, setting up my chair, getting comfortable, are all a part of "getting ready to hunt" and not actually "hunting". Doesn't matter, just get in the blind and worry about hunting when you are ready to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                If I think theyre near...annoyingly super slow...dragging my finger on the zipper to dampen the buzz. Oftentimes I wait for background noise...wind in the trees or trucks.

Alot of times I get impatient and rip it to get it done and over with. I always think Ive made too much noise but they come in anyhow.
                x2 on both accounts

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  I always start with the slow method, then halfway through I'm thinking this is the loudest **** thing I've ever heard, then I go fast.
                  Bahahaha. This, exactly. ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                    I don't see why the silent method for velcro couldn't be applied to zippers as well.
                    https://youtu.be/nawwAJZQfzU
                    lol...

Velcro bugs me way more than the popup zips...I adjust my see through camo netting to where I don't have it tightly attached on my shooting window. Only trick I can tell you for velcro is to peel it back on itself & squeeze / pinch with pressure while slowly peeling it back.

For the zipper I don't use the handle at all....I push/pull the zipper with my finger to open & then squeeze the main zipper with the thumb to close. Muffles it a little vs using the handle.

I love it when All the birds come awake at the same come sunrise...that always gives you a chance to be loud for a sec.
                    Last edited by Artos; 11-11-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                      I’ve figured out on mine if I pinch the zipper tight while I’m moving it at a slow to medium pace, then it’s pretty quiet. I also rubbed it down with string wax.
                      This ! Pinch the complete zipper between your thumb and forefinger and it will cut the noise way down. I don’t use them anymore but that’s what I did for years. Try it !

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                        Whoever invents the quiet zipper on pop up blinds should be awarded the Nobel prize. Surely there is someone out there who can come up with a quiet zipper.
                        Do they make a magnetic one? If not i got dibbs LOL

Comment

I zip it 3” every 5 seconds. Sounds like a deer with bad gas and they never know the difference.

Comment

Those 88 dollar rhino blinds from Wal-Mart are great and have no zippers. Zippers and Velcro have saved many a deer life.

Comment

That’s what I like about the rhino blinds, no zipper. Was the worst part of the double bulls. Nothing like a quite morning being interrupted by unzipping and zipping back a blind.

Comment

The Double Bull Deluxe blind has a zipperless door. I love mine. JES needs to quit being a cheap ******* and buy one, or two or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X