Clothing and camo patterns for December in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothing and camo patterns for December in Kansas

Going to hunt in Kansas for the first time next month. Woodson County area. About to buy some new hunting clothes for the trip as all I have is suited for East Texas.

Could anyone coach me up on what clothes I need to make sure I have, including camo patterns that would work best in this area, how to stay warm, etc.? Supposed to be mostly ag and CRP with some timber along the creeks.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think the pattern is all that important. Main thing is use good layers to stay warm, if you’re warm it’ll be easier to stay still. First Lite, Sitka, and Kuiu are some good brands.

Comment

Agree that camo isn't all that important. Typical layering as you would normally do up to a point that you use a Heater body suit is my opinion. My first experience last year it worked for me in low teens, windy, with snow sitting all day with no worries.

Comment

I’d start with some good heavy merino base layers and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warm ones. Forget about the camo pattern. Good stuff mentioned above.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol....don’t worry about patterns....worry about warmth!

Comment

Warm and WINDPROOF. I layer merino wool against skin with a couple other base layers. Personally I use the Kryptek Aegis bibs and Jacket for extreme cold and wind, but several companies make just as good. Good luck.

Comment

layer up is more important than camo pattern to me.

Comment

Heater body suit for ALL day. Layers otherwise. I wear my gray patterns in late season there. Ain't nothing green but cedar bushes in those creek bottoms. Oh, get two large packs of stuck on hot hands. Chest, lower back, etc.....magical little suckers!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kryptek has 25% off right now for Veteran’s Day. Support a veteran owned company.

Comment

Camo doesn't matter at all, but you want quality gear.

All of the manufacturers make good stuff now honestly, it's hard to go really wrong.

Even Cabela's house brand stuff is super good and much less expensive than Sitka, Kuiu, etc

Comment

Many thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!!

Comment

I'm up here now, 23* this evening with wind chill of 4*. I was plenty warm except for my feet... Focus on your feet. I had on 1000 thinsulate, it wasn't enough. Get good boots

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Camo pattern just to break up outline..other than that its a fashion statement...Warm and Still in shadows...Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                            X