No announcement yet.

Richland WMA Draw Hunt 2019 - Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck! I'd rather be where you are than in the office this week for sure!

Comment

I am assuming you are rifle hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        I have sat in similar spots down there, if not the same. Saw many, many deer in there.

Comment

Question? Can you check in and access from off the WMA? Or are you required to enter, park and walk from set locations?

Comment

Ok back at it. Moved some stands around. Hunting a dried up slough with the pipeline on the west (left) boundary.

Wind changes 180 degrees since this morning but still swirly. It feels like a September dove hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Question? Can you check in and access from off the WMA? Or are you required to enter, park and walk from set locations?

Unsure! I’ll ask tonight when I hit the check station.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                I am assuming you are rifle hunting?

Correct. You can bow hunt too but that draw I think is a bit less competitive than the rifle one.

Comment

Following, hope you get something!

Comment

Fork horn just chased off a doe and fawn. Little dude was strutting. LOL

Comment

Finished the evening passing up a 3.5 Y/o 10 that just wasn’t what I was looking for. Larry saw a BIG buck chasing a doe and I am going to regroup tomorrow PM.

I have video but no way to get it to my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Negative

We got put in 13, have to go around the road 10mi to get in a back gate

We have seen some deer but not the quality the staff is looking to take

It is thick in this unit, only places you can see more than 20yds is on the roads they mowed out
                        Blood weeds and thick elm, ash and bitter pecan saplings dominate this unit [emoji1]

Found a couple of overcups dropping and some kind of water oak I’m guessing with small acorns

It is hot for sure

Mosquitoes came out in full force when the sun went down

Kevin I saw you at check in/orientation but the way they did it didn’t leave much time to socialize and when they assigned compartments and it was already 1 everyone scattered to get going
                        Maybe we will run into each other before this thing is over [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any movement this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            Hey guys! I just finished packing up and am looking forward to a week of hunting. I haven’t hunted much the last 3 years due to work and a 2 year old boy so this is going to be extra special time in the woods even if I don’t pull the trigger.

Richland Creek WMA has a special place in my heart since I shot my first deer here in 1996 on a TPWD youth draw hunt. I’ll post some details and pictures of that old hunt later this week. It’s what got me addicted to hunting and spending time with my Dad in the woods.

We have orientation Monday at 12:00 and I’ll be hunting that evening through Friday afternoon. Drawn for this hunt is my Dad (Keith), our hunting partner (Larry) and myself.

I’ll start posting video and pictures tomorrow. I’ve written a few articles over the last 5 years but it’s been a while since I busted out the video camera. Wish me luck - self-video ain’t easy!

If any other TBH’ers are at this hunt come say hi at orientation.
                            Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Negative

We got put in 13, have to go around the road 10mi to get in a back gate

We have seen some deer but not the quality the staff is looking to take

It is thick in this unit, only places you can see more than 20yds is on the roads they mowed out
                            Blood weeds and thick elm, ash and bitter pecan saplings dominate this unit [emoji1]

Found a couple of overcups dropping and some kind of water oak I’m guessing with small acorns

It is hot for sure

Mosquitoes came out in full force when the sun went down

Kevin I saw you at check in/orientation but the way they did it didn’t leave much time to socialize and when they assigned compartments and it was already 1 everyone scattered to get going
                            Maybe we will run into each other before this thing is over [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Were there any standby positions given for this hunt?

Comment

How many been killed so far?

Comment

If I read this mass confusion TPWD info correctly it said baiting was legal there? Surely not?

Comment

Working...
                                X