• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
    Maybe he'll bring Branch with him!
    If he flips, the croots will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Malachi Nelson is a stud. If the Aggies ever start spending the money on OL that they have spent on DL and other positions, then watch out.
      Ags already have a pretty decent recent history of OL development (early last season not withstanding.) The Ag OL was final 3 for the Joe Moore award the season before last. I believe there are 11 Aggie offensive linemen currently playing key roles for NFL teams, including a first rounder from last year's OL.

The Aggie OL was pretty young and inexperienced (and banged up) last season, but they are returning two freshmen all Americans (Fatheree and Foster) and a pre season all American and Lombardi & Outland (and Wuerffel) watch lists candidate, Layden Robinson. There is also much more quality depth than last season. I think OL will ultimately be a strength of this year's team.

Isn't 2024 supposed to be a stellar recruiting cycle for OL prospects in Texas (especially compared to the current cycle?)
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        How bout yall change it up today and instead of stroking your own team's ego nonstop, you can only say something nice or talk positive about another team?

I'll go first...Baylor today vs the Baylor from the 90's & 2000's is a great program turnaround. Some bumpy areas with Briles but even that rebound was pretty remarkable with some great hires in Rhule and Aranda. Definitely didn't think Baylor would be back where they are after that whole mess.
        I'll give it a shot

I think Sark hiring Gary Patterson was the best assistant/coordinator hire of the off-season. He's a great coach who did a lot with less than some of the big programs he competed against in the B12.

I think Venables was the best HC hire of the offseason. He's a little weird, and he acts like Dabo, but he's a solid coach and seems like a good guy. OU fans should supprt this dude.

Comment

I don't hate the color orange.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            I'll give it a shot

I think Sark hiring Gary Patterson was the best assistant/coordinator hire of the off-season. He's a great coach who did a lot with less than some of the big programs he competed against in the B12.

I think Venables was the best HC hire of the offseason. He's a little weird, and he acts like Dabo, but he's a solid coach and seems like a good guy. OU fans should supprt this dude.
            Both good mentions and agree with both. If GP can't get a fire lit in ATX on the Defensive side, not sure who can. I think he will help set a culture of toughness and accountability. OU did a great job with their hire and interested to see how Lebby's Offense sets in.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
              Maybe he'll bring Branch with him!
              Rumor has it they're in a pretty good position with Branch regardless of what Nelson does. Not saying they'll land either (I personally think the Nelson buzz is mostly clickbait - "Messageboard Geniuses" sounds like it's sole purpose is to troll various message boards) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them flip Branch. I would be very surprised to see Nelson sign anywhere other than USC.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Rumor has it they're in a pretty good position with Branch regardless of what Nelson does. Not saying they'll land either (I personally think the Nelson buzz is mostly clickbait - "Messageboard Geniuses" sounds like it's sole purpose is to troll various message boards) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them flip Branch. I would be very surprised to see Nelson sign anywhere other than USC.
                One or both would be a nice pull. I think they are chasing clicks but there has to be a story in there somewhere right??

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I agree. Nelson would be a helluva pull from a coach he has a longstanding relationship with and a history of putting QB's in the league. But, it's a whole new world with this NIL business. It's pretty wild to see what has taken place and I'm sure it's not going to slow down anytime soon.

Branch would be huge.

Comment

Not that anyone besides myself and maybe one or two others on here care, but I found this article pretty good. For your light reading pleasure and a change of pace. For the record, I just want my Mustangs to finish stronger than we have the last couple of years. Oh and beat the Frogs again-more so this year than any since the '80's.

Comment

Guess who is in the Top 15 for having one of the WORST college football programs this year...... Texas should be 1-0 afterwards

Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks
                      ULM got off to a promising start under new head coach Terry Bowden but would lose their final five games of the season. The lack of a passing offense led to the demise and will need to be addressed this season if they have any shot at reaching four wins again. The problem will be their schedule, which is brutal for a team trying to rebuild. They begin the season at Texas and then travel to Alabama two weeks later. Those paydays will help the Hawks down the road, but not this year.

Comment

If A&M is paying $15M for Nelson, does that mean Texas is paying $45M for their class this year? That's what I heard. Obviously, it's true. Now go spread the word.

Also, if we're paying Nelson (#2 rated overall QB) $15M, does that mean we paid Weigman (#2 rated overall QB) $15M last year?

So retarded to even think that kinda money is being spent on 1 player out of 85

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          Malachi Nelson is a stud. If the Aggies ever start spending the money on OL that they have spent on DL and other positions, then watch out.

Our O-Line is pretty darn good. And that’s before NIL. The 2 true freshman were outstanding last year and made first team all freshman SEC. Not to mention a first round NFL draft pick and a kid that will be a junior who was named to the preseason 1st team all SEC watchlist this year. But that D-Line haul gets attention for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 College Football - Fall Camps and Predictions Thread

I’ll play nice even though I usually do. [emoji51]

Baylor - what a great hire with Arranda. Bears will compete for another conference championship.

OkState - how nobody has pulled Gundy out of Stillwater still baffles me. Kudos to him for staying loyal. My pick to win the conference.

Texas - Bijan and Worthy are the most skilled players in the Big12-2-2+4. Will the OL allow them to do damage?

L$U - Bayou Brian has been able to recruit at a high level. They scare the **** out of me. [emoji23]

Ole Miss - gonna be a problem and ruin someone’s season. Joey Freshwater has them ready. Can they replace Corral is a big ?

Arkansas- they could win 10 games. That matchup with the Ags in week 4 will likely springboard the winner to a 9 or 10 win season.

Bama - screw you little Nicky. Eat **** and die [emoji23]

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 08-17-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              If A&M is paying $15M for Nelson, does that mean Texas is paying $45M for their class this year? That's what I heard. Obviously, it's true. Now go spread the word.

Also, if we're paying Nelson (#2 rated overall QB) $15M, does that mean we paid Weigman (#2 rated overall QB) $15M last year?

So retarded to even think that kinda money is being spent on 1 player out of 85
                              Yes, it is highly unlikely. The rumblings are that he will NIL for around 2 million at SC. Not far off the 7 figures Ewers puled in from NIL when he toyed with tOSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Our O-Line is pretty darn good. And that’s before NIL. The 2 true freshman were outstanding last year and made first team all freshman SEC. Not to mention a first round NFL draft pick and a kid that will be a junior who was named to the preseason 1st team all SEC watchlist this year. But that D-Line haul gets attention for obvious reasons.

That wasn't a comment on who was there, but more of a comment on where they seem to be allocating resources.

Comment

Working...
                                X