This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    I'm actually a bit surprised that the promises/lack of guarantee hasn't been discussed more this summer as it is part of the issue some programs that get discussed on this board are dealing with in this recruiting cycle.
    Pretty sure that video was directed at a certain school!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      They aren't being lied to, just not told everything. But if they think they are gonna get paid no matter if they produce on the field or not, then they are not very smart. I get their young and all they see is dollar signs. But like any other job, if you don't produce you ain't getting paid. They should probably start reading their contracts better and someone in that NIL deal should really try and explain the whole thing to them so they understand what they are getting into.

Technically they can’t accept and sign an NIL deal until they are on campus so all these recruits are living on the word from the school. Since there the school (coach) can’t discuss the deal there’s sometimes a disconnect from what’s offered to what’s actually available.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        We will be lucky to win 6, I think TAMU and UT will be 8-4. I predict a lot of sunshine pumping here after a few early wins
        Given Texas will likely be 1-1 after two games, I don't expect clear skies over Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          They aren't being lied to, just not told everything. But if they think they are gonna get paid no matter if they produce on the field or not, then they are not very smart. I get their young and all they see is dollar signs. But like any other job, if you don't produce you ain't getting paid. They should probably start reading their contracts better and someone in that NIL deal should really try and explain the whole thing to them so they understand what they are getting into.
          You ever met a coach that told the truth more than he lied?

I haven't.

Comment

8-4 is my guess! Anything over that would be great. Less I wouldn't be too shocked either! Glad we're getting closer.

Geaux Tigers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              I'm actually a bit surprised that the promises/lack of guarantee hasn't been discussed more this summer as it is part of the issue some programs that get discussed on this board are dealing with in this recruiting cycle.
              Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
              Pretty sure that video was directed at a certain school!
              Originally, I thought he might be pointing the finger at the Ags, but I honestly don't think he was based on a segment about A&M recruiting later in the same (live) show, in a "Bold Predictions" segment.

A prediction was made that the Ags wouldn't finish in the top 20 of the recruiting rankings in the current cycle (they were 60th at the time) and he gave it a boldness of 9.5. Josh could have EASILY made even a subtle reference to the broken promises discussion from the earlier segment, but he didn't allude to it in essentially saying the Ags were "comfortable" where they were and would likely end up with a very good class.

There was a lot of smoke about Jordan Addison and issues with NIL promises at USC at that same time, so I honestly believe he was primarily directing his comments at USC. That said, I think any/every program (including A&M) is susceptible to that potential issue.
              Last edited by Michael; 08-11-2022, 09:13 AM.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

The horns were pretty much a mess everywhere last year, so it's kinda hard to make a prediction. If they can get the O-line in gear and give the defense a chance to gel, I'm going with 8-4 +/- 1 game. If it's a 3 and out fest, we're probably in for a long season.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress(hopefully) of this team. Big shake-up over the off season.

atm goes 8-4 with some head scratching losses and 1 big win. aggy nation becomes restless by the end of the season.

ou goes 7-5 that starts a post-Lincoln Riley skid that last for several years.

Comment

I expect the Ags to win one they shouldn't...Bama or bowl...Lose two they shouldn't...maybe Arkansas, MSU or Ole Miss...maybe all three.
                  I think they get off to a hot start and whip Miami at home. High hopes get higher until we hit October and things get shaky. Finish 9-3 or 10-2 and play in a decent bowl game. On to 2023.
                  King is the guy at QB and the young talent on D-Line plays up to expectations with a veteran core to hold it together. LB is the major weakness and this team gets beat up by a solid rushing attack like Arkansas and Ole Miss. Young talent gets better with in game experience and this team is playing its best football going to close with LSU. Watch out Tigers (although this game makes me queezy every year)

I hope I'm wrong and we escape the West with 1-2 losses and a legit threat for a NY6 or CFP.

Gig em!

ac

Comment

I think the ags will struggle a little bit early kinda like Johnny’s first year as the starter. But turn it on By October. The Miami game will be a good test for them . Luckily they don’t play Florida and lsu early like they did that year . They will be fine. 11-1 and the loss will be to someone like Arkansas

And I don’t know why us Aggie fans care what the teams records are that are not in our conference. I hope TU goes 0-12 if the truth be known so I’m not going to predict there record are really care what it is Same goes For OU . Unless we are playing one of them in bowl game are the playoffs this year. I think the SEC West is going to be the stoutest it’s been in awhile and that’s saying something. So those teams are who we need to be worried about.
                    Last edited by Hoss163; 08-11-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                      sec west:

Bama 12-0

Ole Miss 9-3

Arkasas 8-4

LSU 8-4

A&M 8-4

Auburn 6-6

Miss. St 6-6

Bama beats Ohio St for NC
                      Can't see Ole Miss winning 9 games..... Razorbacks could possibly get 9 or 10 wins

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm optimistic about my Cowboys but their coaches poll ranking of 11 makes me a little nervous. From following this team since I enrolled there in 1974 I am more comfortable with them being underrated. Vegas has them at 8.5 wins - gun to my head I'd take the over.

Comment

A tough road schedule is the only thing standing in the way of back-to-back Big 12 Championships for Baylor. Road trips to Provo, Norman, West Virginia on a Thursday and Austin will be tough.

We return every starter from the Big 12's best OL in 2021, including the conference OL of the year. Same story second verse on the DL, as Baylor returns every starter from the best DL in the conference in 2021, and they've added to that group an All-American DT who transferred in. We'll get a big bump in QB play and we've got the best TE in the conference. There's loads of talent at RB and WR, though it's very inexperienced. The defense should be outstanding again under Aranda.

I'm guessing this is the first time this has ever happened, but neither OU, nor UT have a single OL or DL on the pre-season all-conference team. Pretty telling.

Should be a fun season and it can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            I think the ags will struggle a little bit early kinda like Johnny’s first year as the starter. But turn it on By October. The Miami game will be a good test for them . Luckily they don’t play Florida and lsu early like they did that year . They will be fine. 11-1 and the loss will be to someone like Arkansas

And I don’t know why us Aggie fans care what the teams records are that are not in our conference. I hope TU goes 0-12 if the truth be known so I’m not going to predict there record are really care what it is Same goes For OU . Unless we are playing one of them in bowl game are the playoffs this year. I think the SEC West is going to be the stoutest it’s been in awhile and that’s saying something. So those teams are who we need to be worried about.
                            Y'all gonna beat Bama again? On the road? 1 loss?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
                              A tough road schedule is the only thing standing in the way of back-to-back Big 12 Championships for Baylor. Road trips to Provo, Norman, West Virginia on a Thursday and Austin will be tough.

We return every starter from the Big 12's best OL in 2021, including the conference OL of the year. Same story second verse on the DL, as Baylor returns every starter from the best DL in the conference in 2021, and they've added to that group an All-American DT who transferred in. We'll get a big bump in QB play and we've got the best TE in the conference. There's loads of talent at RB and WR, though it's very inexperienced. The defense should be outstanding again under Aranda.

I'm guessing this is the first time this has ever happened, but neither OU, nor UT have a single OL or DL on the pre-season all-conference team. Pretty telling.

Should be a fun season and it can't get here soon enough.
                              Nicely said.

I'll predict:

Baylor 9-3 (think the defense takes a step back; but run-game could carry)
                              Horns 7-5 (back to back trips to Stilly and Manhattan will not be fun)
                              Aggies 9-3 - would be shocked if they win 10 (they never win 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Y'all gonna beat Bama again? On the road? 1 loss?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                Is Texas gonna beat Bama?

Comment

Working...
                                X