This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
    Doesn't matter either way. Is aggy gonna flip him?
    If Jimbo wants him, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      If Jimbo wants him, yes.
      why wouldn't Jimbo want the #1 QB? Is he gonna sort through those that are in line and decide?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. It’s almost like what I wrote, naw can’t be…

I’m shocked that Hale isn’t a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. He’s going to Bama this weekend.

DryFit sent him as a spy to see how Coach Terry does that BBQ [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          DryFit sent him as a spy to see how Coach Terry does that BBQ [emoji51]
          Now, I can believe that!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            why wouldn't Jimbo want the #1 QB? Is he gonna sort through those that are in line and decide?
            Yes. Did you not see what he did last year? He just picks and chooses his five stars. Almost not fair.

Comment

Ags flip #1 QB. sips have another abysmal year, Manning decommits, others follow. TBH whorn melts down, calls for Sark’s head.

In other words, just more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                Yes. Did you not see what he did last year? He just picks and chooses his five stars. Almost not fair.
                aggy is about to go on a solid run of championships if that is the case. You guys will be unstoppable. You should put down some dinero in Vegas, it's clearly a sure thing. I guess 2022 is as good as any to start?

Comment

There has always been pay for play all over college athletics; however, it was a very small percent of the guys that were actually getting money. Now it is open to everybody and there is a legal work around with NIL.

The reason the for the "cover your tracks" is these dollar amounts are starting to get so out of hand, that is when the IRS comes into play as its harder to hide the money. Everyone thought bitcoin was the answer, but now players are seeing the money they were offered through bitcoin not be worth as much and asking for more. It is hard to hide some of these dollar amounts.

Edit - I personally do not believe all the Bitcoin / Thumb Drive talk even though people who I trust say it is real.

There will always be a combination of bags and NIL going forward, but boosters are going to have to play it smart in how it is presented now. The cash in the McDonalds bags works for $10K, but not for $250K.
                  There is no reason to hide anything from anybody, not just from the IRS but also the public

If a booster (not a school) wants to pay a player that's within the rules, and I haven't seen any limits in the new rule.

I 100% guarantee that the boosters with this much money have lawyers and accountants that will take care of the player with the IRS.

I'd imagine the kid would be set up as owner of an LLC and file taxes just like any other business, would be the smart way to do it.

There is nothing to hide anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    OR...The biggest recruiting weekend of the year - the Annual "Pool Party" (which has essentially been on the schedule since last year's pool party) - is this weekend. The list of 5 starts attending, committed or otherwise, is extensive.

Just like last year, recruiting momentum and commitments will start increasing after this weekend. But it's convenient that (two days before the pool party) the "money flow has suddenly opened back up" - a narrative that will certainly be "evidenced" by the commitments that start coming in next week.
                    ‘23 Croots visiting A&M this weekend (so far): 💎
                    5⭐️ QB Nelson
                    5⭐️ WR Hale
                    5⭐️ LB Hill
                    5⭐️ DE Hicks
                    5⭐️ WR Sampson
                    4⭐️ LB Gullette
                    4⭐️ QB Novosad
                    4⭐️ S P Bowen
                    4⭐️ DL J Bowens
                    4⭐️ RB Love
                    4⭐️ S Jackson
                    4⭐️ OL Betrand
                    4⭐️ OL Jones
                    DT Sanu T
                    Pretty strong group

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                      There is no reason to hide anything from anybody, not just from the IRS but also the public

If a booster (not a school) wants to pay a player that's within the rules, and I haven't seen any limits in the new rule.

I 100% guarantee that the boosters with this much money have lawyers and accountants that will take care of the player with the IRS.

I'd imagine the kid would be set up as owner of an LLC and file taxes just like any other business, would be the smart way to do it.

There is nothing to hide anymore.
                      You can not just walk up to a kid and pay him money. Any NIL deal has to be approved by the schools compliance department. It has to fall under the NIL guidelines and can not be a pay for play (even though they technically are).

The players and the tax implications will be something to keep an eye on.

EDIT - Actually they can have a booster walk up and give them money, but that is against the rules and the old bag game that has been around forever. In the past, this as reserved for a few players only.
                      Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        Are they going to get hoodies this year too?
                        Yeah, far cry from F-150's...we know.

Comment

You can not just walk up to a kid and pay him money. Any NIL deal has to be approved by the schools compliance department. It has to fall under the NIL guidelines and can not be a pay for play (even though they technically are).

Do we have proof that any have not been on the up and up?

Comment

[ATTACH]1096673[/ATTACH]

Comment

EDIT - Actually they can have a booster walk up and give them money, but that is against the rules and the old bag game that has been around forever. In the past, this as reserved for a few players only.
                              You're right that it could get messy real quick, the players are going to need lawyers and accountants. Good thing all these big schools have plenty of lawyering and accounting alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                                #1 recruit in the country isnt leaving southern Cal and Rileys wide open offense for College Station and Jimbo's outdated offense scheme. He will go and have a good time at a pool party but that's the end of it.
                                Yes cause all Cali kids cut their vacation to Hawaii short to fly all the way to 105 degree College Station for a fun pool party. The school he's committed to is having a similar recruiting event this weekend. It’s a good sign he's making his way to campus, especially when his good friend and fellow USC commit Zach Branch has been on Texas A&M campus multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                                X