Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5* QB Malachi Nelson is on campus and another surprise 5* expected….

wR Jalen hale was on campus yesterday. If you think jimbo just forgot how to recruit your wrong, just gotta figure out how much y’all paying then double it
    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 07-29-2022, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

wR Jalen hale was on campus yesterday. If you think jimbo just forgot how to recruit your wrong, just gotta figure out how much y’all paying then double it

So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. It’s almost like what I wrote, naw can’t be…

I’m shocked that Hale isn’t a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. He’s going to Bama this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. It’s almost like what I wrote, naw can’t be…

I’m shocked that Hale isn’t a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. He’s going to Bama this weekend.

Yep. That’s how it goes with NIL.

Didn’t you guys get a committ from a 4-star OL from Florida that has never stepped foot on campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually that came from the Aggie booster source.

I’ll let y’all go back to the same back and forth stupid banter that just gets repeated here without any solid intel. Enjoy.

Pot meet kettle!

Good job being the alphabet of TBH!

Play the game and the rest is nonsense! You know for a fact bags are dropping and have always dropped in atx. But when another team does it they have done something wrong or didn’t do it the right way and have to cover their tracks. Embarrassing post in your part. Be better!

Comment

#1 recruit in the country isnt leaving southern Cal and Rileys wide open offense for College Station and Jimbo's outdated offense scheme. He will go and have a good time at a pool party but that's the end of it.
            Last edited by RaginCagin; 07-29-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              Yep. That’s how it goes with NIL.

Didn’t you guys get a committ from a 4-star OL from Florida that has never stepped foot on campus?
              Yes, Texas did. The guys I know that are well connected are still questioning the decision to take his commitment. I doubt he ever steps foot on campus.

My point being that A&M was sitting idle for a lot of this time waiting on all of the talk from last year to blow over and get better organized on the backside to cover their ***. The good news for Aggies that has all of you going crazy is it looks like the flood gates are back open and A&M should be getting good news soon. The whole point on my post was good things are about to start happening for A&M is what I was told and the reason why it was going to happen.

The dam has burst in college football. Everyone is going to have to accept the fact that everyone pays in some way. Every kid is now asking for something and legally they can in some fashion. It wasn't that A&M was the only school last year dropping bags, they decided to go way above market value on these kids and swept them all up. That is what teams are ****** about, not that A&M paid them cause they all do but it was the numbers. Hell, ETM just said find out what Texas is paying and double it on Hale. That is what they did. Teams are still dropping bags, but they better have it covered on the backside with NIL.

Nelson is holding USC feet to the fire to make sure they follow through. Lots of chatter that Addison (the WR from Pitt) was offered a boat load and they haven't came through on anything yet so they are rumblings about it through the recruiting game. I would be shocked if Nelson committed to A&M as he has been attached at the hip to Riley for two years. At the same time, in today's world nothing would shock me when you are talking about the dollars being thrown around.
              Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                Pot meet kettle!

Good job being the alphabet of TBH!

Play the game and the rest is nonsense! You know for a fact bags are dropping and have always dropped in atx. But when another team does it they have done something wrong or didn’t do it the right way and have to cover their tracks. Embarrassing post in your part. Be better!
                There has always been pay for play all over college athletics; however, it was a very small percent of the guys that were actually getting money. Now it is open to everybody and there is a legal work around with NIL.

The reason the for the "cover your tracks" is these dollar amounts are starting to get so out of hand, that is when the IRS comes into play as its harder to hide the money. Everyone thought bitcoin was the answer, but now players are seeing the money they were offered through bitcoin not be worth as much and asking for more. It is hard to hide some of these dollar amounts.

Edit - I personally do not believe all the Bitcoin / Thumb Drive talk even though people who I trust say it is real.

There will always be a combination of bags and NIL going forward, but boosters are going to have to play it smart in how it is presented now. The cash in the McDonalds bags works for $10K, but not for $250K.
                Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Is this the QB that jumped ahead of Manning?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    Doesn't matter either way. Is aggy gonna flip him?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      He jumped ahead of Manning in only the ESPN rankings. Arch has been the #1 player for ESPN, 247, On3, and Rivals for a couple of years. ESPN bumped him to #2, but the other three services still have Arch as their #1 player.
                      Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

He knows that.

Comment

OR...The biggest recruiting weekend of the year - the Annual "Pool Party" (which has essentially been on the schedule since last year's pool party) - is this weekend. The list of 5 starts attending, committed or otherwise, is extensive.

Just like last year, recruiting momentum and commitments will start increasing after this weekend. But it's convenient that (two days before the pool party) the "money flow has suddenly opened back up" - a narrative that will certainly be "evidenced" by the commitments that start coming in next week.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            OR...The biggest recruiting weekend of the year - the Annual "Pool Party" (which has essentially been on the schedule since last year's pool party) - is this weekend. The list of 5 starts attending, committed or otherwise, is extensive.

Just like last year, recruiting momentum and commitments will start increasing after this weekend. But it's convenient that (two days before the pool party) the "money flow has suddenly opened back up" - a narrative that will certainly be "evidenced" by the commitments that start coming in next week.
                            Are they going to get hoodies this year too?

Comment

Or it is a combination of the two??? Aggy and hopefully UT have figured out the NIL deal and are using it to their advantage. If it is within the rules as they sit today, who cares???

Comment

Well If I had the time to post this two weeks ago, I would have but hey you are entitled to push your own narrative.

Nelson wasn't even on the radar two weeks ago and now its a weekend in C-Stat for him when I was told this info.

I guess I missed the point here. I was hearing that A&M was about to start ramping up and was passing that along as good news for the Ags. Most of yall have not wrapped your head around what is happening and will continue to happen with college athletics. NIL changed the game forever. Most believe it will make the bag game go away now the amounts are getting so insane so that is why the strong base of NIL is a must for schools to have setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X